Positivity

Discussion in 'Hippie Wisdom' started by Deleted member 157313, Apr 26, 2019.

1. I have been so bogged down for the last couple of years in a really fucked knee that I almost forgot who I really was and am until I read something yesterday that brought me back to reality. It is quite long piece so I am just going to paraphrase:

We often wonder about and dwell on the negative aspects of life, relationships etc. which encourages us to feel suffering, anger and depression. We should learn to ask ourselves "what's not wrong?" rather than "what's wrong?". There are many elements in the world, in our minds and in our bodies that are wholesome, refreshing and, in my case, functioning beautifully physically.

Being in touch with and appreciating everything that is good rather than dwelling on the rubbish is both beneficial and empowering and it is time that I remembered that and started to once again be happy and content.

2. DiagonalZone

DiagonalZone Member

I love the law of attraction :innocent:

3. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

whoa.. that's deep @etherea. I feel like positivity is soo powerful. It's something we can share in and grow from. I guess I just believe in my heart that positivity can foster change in the world. One person at a time if need be. I think that if you can show people that you are a positive force, that can make a difference in their outlook, even if only for a couple of minutes. If people can learn to be positive for the sake of positivity humanity is not lost.

etherea likes this.
  4. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I read recently.. Could have been on HF actually.. Not sure. But:

"where your thoughts go, your mood will follow"

It's always a choice, how we're feeling and what we think about.

Irminsul likes this.
  5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I kind of look at life like the yin yang maybe, and maybe I don't necessarily understand what that means but to me it is reminiscent of The Pendulums Promise, which I can also not guarantee is a real thing or something I took from an Insane Clown Posse song but basically, what goes around comes around.

I also find it difficult sometimes to gauge what is positive, because many times I find myself trying to be positive for the sakes of others but it only has a negetive outcome on my own immediate life or future. Not in a life or death kind of way, but gives me the irrates. :p

6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Sometimes we only fully realize how complicated and excellent everything in our body and mind works after we're hit by an ailment. Now, some people dwell on this ailment and act like life as its (supposedly) supposed to be is over, boohoo. Other people become aware how amazing our body and/or mind functions, with or without one ailment. Most things still go well in it after all!

etherea likes this.
  7. GypsyHolly83

GypsyHolly83 Members

I really like this. I have felt completely overwhelmed lately. We have twin boys under a year old and there are days I’m just exhausted and stressed. Just had an argument that could have been avoided with my fiancé and it’s mainly lack of sleep, etc. This quote is a nice pick-me-up.

8. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Negativity has nothing but negative things to say about negativity.

9. I stay positive, but people in general are basically a negative thing. Even when they are being "positive." People are just bad. Sorry to say. I just stay away from people.