Posh upperclass barbarians

Discussion in 'Protest' started by John221, Jan 2, 2005.

1. John221

John221 Senior Member

I've just been watching Country File, and they were interviewing lots of posh, upperclass country folk, going on about why fox hunting and shooting various animals is such a righteous and wonderful thing to do.

They even spoke to some children who go hunting and think that it's a wonderful thing as well. It made me very angry.

What's everyone elses view about this?

2. Astridwantpeace

Astridwantpeace Member

I hate hunting.. I mean its so lame, some old rich jerks feeling pleasure in killing animals.. because they dont have anything else to do...

3. iscreamchocolate

iscreamchocolate Senior Member

Hunting to me is murder. It's like hunting down your brother or msomething and blowing off his head with a rifle and getting praised and people saying how wonderful that was and what a wonderful shot that was. I mean killing animals is murder and killing animals for fun is extremely stupid and uncalled for and when you teach kids that killing fox's is a wonderful thing then that is dumb why not let the kid's make up their own decision about it? It's brainwashing kid's to kill living and breathing things. You are killing living and breathing things. Would you blow off your brothers head for the fun of it? I mean would their be a human chase where people have to see how many humans they can kill? and get a prize for how many people they kill or whatnot?

4. John221

John221 Senior Member

If it wasn't illegal, I think I could actually see some of these people doing that; getting together for a nice friendly game of "shoot the working-class kid," and so forth.

5. SamIam

SamIam Member

Most people dont see the killing of an animal to be even comparable to killing a human. I dont necessarily agree either. I am completely against any type of hunting for sport, but do not have much of a problem with hunting for subsistance. If the animal is used in its entirety, and is not hunted in excess of what is needed, then I do not have much of a problem. Dont get me wrong, I am strict vegetarian, working on going vegan. Hunting for sport is stupid, because animals can feel pain and because unjustified pointless killing of anything is wrong. But they are not humans and are not equal to humans in how they should be treated, they are still animals. Fox hunting is stupid and should be stopped.

As for kids, kids emulate the adults around them, especially their parents. If the parents are going fox hunting and enjoying it and they ask the kid what he wants to do, he is going to say he wants to hunt too. I dont believe children can make conscious ehtical decisions until they are at least 7 or 8, or even older.

peace,
    Sam

6. Spastic_Monkey

Spastic_Monkey Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I have no problem with hunting, if you are going to eat what you kill.

7. Revenant Phantasm

Revenant Phantasm Member

its bullshit, im not like an animal activist or any of that crap but i think its utter bullshit cause a fox is definately weaker and at a disadvantage. and regarding the posts about human hunting, i dont think people would actually do it in upper class countries, maybe 3rd world countries or some shit like that but i doubt it actually happening anywhere. But something funny kind of, i saw this arnold schwartzenegger movie that was like that a lil bit, it was kind of funny the idea though.

8. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

If you're gonna use the animal, hunt it.

9. Diomedes

Diomedes Member

What a thread....one person disagrees with hunting because it is lame....another compares the death of a sibling to that of a fox.

For those of you who think that hunting for sport is wrong, go check out a "Hunter's for the Hungry" website......if you can find one.....

Animals can feel pain, and they would feel a great amount more pain if they starved to death or died from sarcoptic mange; versus that clean kill that a hunter delivers. How do you think mother nature would control the population if the hunter did not?

I'm not sure if you made a connection there sam. Just don't call me when your innocent housepet gets bitten by a rabid animal.

10. John221

John221 Senior Member

Who are we to ridicule the courses of nature?

11. Diomedes

Diomedes Member

Ridicule? Never did I ever. I am saying that mother nature left to her own devices (excluding of course that of the natural predator (the human)) is much more violent.

12. Diomedes

Diomedes Member

And furthermore who are you to ridicule the course of nature?

13. John221

John221 Senior Member

Who do I have to be?

14. Diomedes

Diomedes Member

Who do you want to be?

15. John221

John221 Senior Member

Fred Flintstone.

16. bradofcentralpa

bradofcentralpa Member

we already fucked up nature. now we can try to fill a predator niche or watch populations rapidly explode and crash.

17. Archemetis

Archemetis Senior Member

to me there is a difference between hunting for sport and hunting to eat.

and also a difference in hunting with a purchased gun vs. using your own intellect and craftsmanship to hunt.

i recently got back from a trip to kauai, where i camped for a few months back in teh jungles of kalalau valley. and at times we got hungry back there, or rice and beans got a bit monotonous, so some would hunt goats with a spear they fashioned or even use rocks to capture a meal. and i tell you there is nothing better than fresh goat meat. ;)

the hides also came in handy for things like drum heads and whatnot. i see nothing wrong with eating meat, and personally id rather hunt a free range animal than contibute to the farmed "animal factories" where most get their meat.

18. Diomedes

Diomedes Member

Brad we have always been predators.

19. Diomedes

Diomedes Member

I'm curious, what were you killing with rocks? Did you run something down?
    And while I do enjoy hunting, there's nothing better than that farm raised beef tenderloin..........

20. SamIam

SamIam Member

the problem with hunting for sport is that humans are not a natural predator of these animals. the death of an animal by mother nature is natural. the random killing just for the sake of killing is not natural. this is an issue of interfering with our environment and what "mother nature" intended. also, mother nature isnt always violent. the examples you gave are extremes.