Posers?

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by PeaceAndLove311, Jan 17, 2005.

1. PeaceAndLove311

PeaceAndLove311 Member

I was just reading a thread by some guy saying you had to have long hair to be a hippie, to which one or two people responded talking of "posers." What is a poser? I don't think there is such a thing. You are what are you are, and nobody is just one thing. Yeah, I'm a hippie. I'm also a cowboy (of the Urban variety, that is). I'm also you, and you are me. You're also a chair, which means I'm a chair. We're all just sharing this collective experience, so why differentiate? Looking forward to your posts.

2. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

if you are me, than I feel sorry for you...

3. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

If you were me... I'd stab us in the trachea right now.

4. gate68

gate68 Senior Member

Did you feel that?Am I George W?If I am hand me a Hari Kari sword.

5. dedhead95

dedhead95 The Wizard of Rhythm

I am sometimes quick to say someone is a poser. I see a guy with a preppy haircut wearing a pink floyd or doors t-shirt. I look and think, are they really fans, or do they only know like two of their songs. But I think you can look at a person and see that they're genuine

6. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

does it really matter that much to you..did you make the shirt, are you a member of the band thats on the shirt..
    that would be like me seeing someone wearing a beer t-shirt and be like "do they really like beer or are they just saying they do"
    see what Im saying though...

7. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Member of Pink Floyd would be glad their crap is still selling after all these years.

8. gate68

gate68 Senior Member

Nothing like seeing an illegal wearing a Pink Floyd shirt.By the way,which ones Pink?

9. spooner

spooner is done.

nah, anyone calling themselves a stereotype just to be part of said stereotype is a fucking poser... urban cowboy tho, isn't that an oxymoron? haha reminds of the year after i graduated. in this small town, there was one actual young cowboy in the whole fucking town and everyone knew him. but he had this tagalong crew of poser cowboy's who grew up downtown and just idolized him and dressed the same and sucked his dick every weekend. and everyone hated them.

ignore me tho, i've done one too many knives.

10. Crystaleyez

Crystaleyez Member

You can't judge someone by a haircut. Thats ridiculous. My bf had nine years worth of dreadlocks. He cut them off. I guess he's preppy now. Wearing a band tshirt is paying a band so that you can advertise for them, come on!

We are all one, but we are separate entities too. I don't like the word poser. I don't like classifying people be it positive or negative. Labels are for food, which isn't labled clearly enough in my opinion.

11. Craevyn

Craevyn Member

as i see it, labels suck.

unless, of course, they're levied against someone wholly deserving--as in the case of posers.

i say, if you're going to slap a label on me, at least get it right:

"Spasmodically Ambivalent"

12. Acorn

Acorn Member

i think that a poser is a person who is trying to be somthing their just not. no one should do that, the world would be a lot better if everyone was who they are.

13. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

I call some people posers. But people I know not someone I glance at. I call people posers who just try too hard. The gangster guys who wear all the right stuff and listen to all the right music and sit and talk shit all day to try and be cool. Or my buddy who wears tye-dye and listens to music taht he really doesn't understand and talks like a "hippie" (really just words and phrases he picked up from me and my man) but he'll sit there and be jugemental and brag and spend money on superficial things. He tells people he's a bigger hippie than us and it that attitude that makes him a poser and not a true hearted hippie.

14. Joseph0

Joseph0 .. . .

deleted post.

15. sugarmaggie

sugarmaggie ~Green Eyed Devil~

It takes alot of searching to find out who you are sometimes. Poser shouldn't even be a word in my opinion. Life is hard enough..drop the labels already. Doesn't matter what you have on, or what kind of music you listen to. We're all trying to find our place in the world, just let people BE, they'll figure it out eventually.

16. smilin4peace

smilin4peace Member

as long as YOU know who you are... If your KYND and have a good Heart thats all that matters :) Sugarmaggie- this is true.. it might take a life time to truley figure out your groove, but everything you do is who you are.. Sure you can put on a skirt and wear a band tee-shirt. but its jsut clothes... if everyone were naked how would we know who you were??!so the way you dress has nothing to do with the person you are..someone has dreadlocks doesn't mean their a Hippie.. its all part of who they are... Now there are some people out there that do things becasue their friends do it and they want to fit it.. but just let um' do it.. becasue they know what their doing. it pisses me off a lot but now i am ajusting to all those people out their.. One thing is DON'T BE FAKE/// becasue their s nothing worst than someone who is fake.- one min. their all about love and the next they wanna fight someone.. Hum their are millions one kids out their... "ALL I WANNA KNOW IS ARE YOUR KYND"

17. gate68

gate68 Senior Member

We're all posers,whats the big deal...

18. peaceful chaos

peaceful chaos Member

its called segragation and its the type of shit that makes me wanna just drop out of society and join a commune.i mean its not what you where who makes you who you are its whats inside your soul that truly matters,but ofcourse societys so brainwashed into segragation that its just sad and is to the point where it would take decades just to change that but anyways yeah i hate segragation its the cause of the worlds war not only by judging what people where but by judging them by thier type of skin and so on.

19. novarys

novarys Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

so in other words if a man cross dresses and starts dressing like a woman and becomes a drag queen, he's a poser.
    to me that is a perfect example of what a possible poser could be. :D:rolleyes:

20. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

haha... syra you're terrific. [​IMG]