Poppy Seed Tea.

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by Eugene, Jan 28, 2006.

1. Pothedd

Pothedd Guest

Potency is never uniform. Your tea will always vary. Just do more. Lol.
    I'm in the U.S.
    300g (4 jars of seeds from Safeway) didn't do much. I got a slight itch and that was it.
    So I ordered 5lbs. in bulk. I made some tea out of 1lb. last night and drank half of it.
    Also didn't work as well as I'd hoped. Next time I'm downing everything at once. Should have some effect...

If anybody wants to know the vendor I bought my seeds from let me know. It was $3.50 a pound, but for 5lbs. was almost $10 shipping.
    Not bad though. 5lbs for $25.

2. metallica58266

metallica58266 Guest

i love it! it works amazing for me, 1-2 lbs of bulk seeds in 1/4 gal of sugarfree lemonade. shake for 10-13 mins. strain out and drink im a regular user of opiate prescripts but now that ive got the tea thats all i use now. once or twice a week and no tolerance really builds for me either.

3. sleeplion

sleeplion Guest

So I've tried making Poppy Seed Tea about 4 or 5 times now.

My conclusion...it works...VERY WELL.

I have a high tolerance for opiates. Previously I have been prescribed Suboxone (16mg a day) for about 2 years after wanting to kick an OxyContin habit. I have since kicked the Suboxone and now am back to enjoying various opiates recreationally on a regular basis. (Stupid? yes). So my tolerance has remained high.

I have to use AT LEAST 5 lbs. of poppy seeds. Luckily there is a market near me that sells them for $3.99 per 350g bottle (Not a great price but not terrible either). So I can buy 5 lbs. for a little over 10 bucks.

If I use the mix 20 minutes then strain method with water and citric...repeating the process 3 times over...I am BUZZED. Equivalent to that of what I have experienced with taking a couple of 10mg Methadone pills. Not a crazy high but definitely a long-lasting, sustained good feeling like that which is experienced on methadone.

So it works...but you may need A LOT. But there is danger in that as I'm sure you've heard...I have yet to experience any negative effects though.

*NOTE ADDED: I'm sure everyone knows this but I feel obligated to say it...I have a high tolerance (wish I didnt!) so careful if you are not experienced with Opiates, 5lbs. of good seeds is definitely no joke. I would imagine much more than that to someone without a tolerance could be dangerous.

4. stoner oxy80

stoner oxy80 *"Senior~Stoned~Member"*

never did a thing for me...

5. techn1

techn1 Member

I saved all my seeds from my pod orders until I had a ziplock sandwich baggie full,dont know how much that weighs out to,but I didn't get a thing from it.However,I do use a 75 mcg/hr fent patch every 48 hrs. and 150mg oxycodone per day,so I'm sure thats why it didn't work for me.The pods the seeds came from made some good tea,so I'm sure the seeds would have worked had I saved even more up.Yes,tolerance is a bitch.
    To all those that say they wont work at all,I think you just havent gotten the right seeds or enough of them.Even though I got nothing from it,I'm sure they could give a right nice feeling,close to what the pods do,if not the same.
    Be safe though,start small and work your way up.

6. ally_peb

ally_peb Member

7. Peace at mind.

Peace at mind. Member

8. MoonPeep

MoonPeep Member

where are people buying these online?

9. hydropersistant

hydropersistant Member

Cause its hard to find them bulk in any city. If you do fent you wouldn't ever feel seed tea. I made a 1 lbs glass and it got me glowy for 4-5 hours and I have about a 40-50mg tolerance to hydros and a 100mg tolerance to oral morphine. So that gives you an idea of my tolly. The glass I made last week had at least 60-80mgs of morphine in it cause it got me going for a good while. But yea tea isn't for ppl how mess with oxy or H or fent shit like that.

10. LivashSB

LivashSB Guest

I haven't actually tried this yet, however i intend to in a few days, except i'm going to take a different approach as far as extracting the opiate compounds from the seeds.
    Idea: It's worth the effort. (500G) Seeds.
    1. Make a funnel, or use one if you have it, for ease of transferring dry or wet poppy seeds ( The narcotic content is on the outside of the seed, oil and fat content on the inside )
    2. Squeeze 5 lemons, 1 orange, 1 Grapefruit, and 3 limes, especially considering grapefruit juice inhibits liver enzyme activation. (You would think that they have slightly different citric acid content - hardly ;), boil the juice at roughly 190 degrees (Medium).
    3. As the juice begins to boil add 5 tsp of sugar, and increase the temperature to high for 1-2 minutes, take the juice off the burner and let it cool for about a minute.
    4. Dump the poppy seeds in the hot juice and stir lightly for two minutes.
    5. Add 4 ice cubes into the mixture while the juice is still hot, continue to stir for another 3 minutes.
    6. Use your funnel to dump the liquid into a bottle.
    7. Use 2 coffee filters (stacked), and drain the juice back into your pot.
    8. Empty all of the seeds into a large bowl or pot, so they're all evenly on the bottom.
    9. Add 1/4 cup of Grapefruit juice to the bowl with the seeds in it.
    10. Use a blow dryer or heater on the seeds in the bowl until top appears dry (3 mins TOPS - you don't want to cook them. proceed to stir.
    11. Once done, again - use the funnel and add the seeds from the bowl to a bottle, proceed to 1/4 cup more ICE cold water, into the bottle, and shake, now wait 1-2 minutes.
    12. Use 2 more (NOT the same) Coffee filters and strain the liquid into your juice mixture in your pot, stir, and enjoy.
    ------------------------------------
    Warning: This would be the most optimal way to extract opiate compounds from poppy seeds, outer agitation by the result of contact with citric acids and heat. It's a frivolous attempt using just water to extract these chemicals, because they have no acidity and thus don't provide optimal extraction.
    Also, I am NOT responsible for whether or not you choose to do this and then drink too much and overdose, take caution REGARDLESS of tolerance.

11. Proletariate1984

Proletariate1984 Guest

I have made gallons of tea from pods. Pods are bought from a few sites, that have raised their prices dramatically over the last few years. I usually discard the seeds from the pods because they seem to have a more constipating affect with the pods. Over the last few months I began saving the seeds to plant. I broadcasted several thousands of seeds on various pieces of land I have access to. I still had nearly two cups of seeds. Tonight I got a craving, but had no pods. I took all the seeds I had ground them in a coffee grinder. Poured them into a french press, poured three cups of 190 degree water, about 1/3 cup lemon juice and then let steep for approximately thirty minutes stirring frequently. The french press is perfect for this as it acts as a strainer and a device to juice the mash you have created. I drank down the concoction, chased it with some high vitamin organic hippy juice to wash away the flavor. I like the affects of the pods better, but I am feeling the seeds alone right now.

We get loaded at night to forgive the sins of capitalism from the day.

12. Mr.Good Cat

Mr.Good Cat Member

I started opiates with the pod tea, i loved it used it every so often for like 4 years.. Then the pods were hard to find, or just really expensive, so i tryed the seeds.. The seeds WORK very well, u just need to find the right ones, sorry i can't talk about vendors on here but use the poppy seed tea acronym in google and u will find the best vendor possible. To be honest i like using the seeds more b/c they are easier to prepare. It takes less time, u don't have to grind anything up, and there is no heat involved (cold water works best, lemon juice is not necessary) and it tastes better. Good luck yall..

13. EnTheeOhGen

EnTheeOhGen Guest

Eh hem! I know this is an old thread but I have seen a few old threads around on other sites, like this one, that require I wait for verification to start posting about experiences etc. As for the brand of poppy seeds available in Australian supermarkets they are quite effective in giving an opiate high. A FOAF has told me the best way to achieve one from them too. This is in no way an endorsement by this FOAF to do as they have done but in order to clear up the mystery of the myriad extraction methods and the hot, cold or warm water confusion.

To successfully gain an opiate high from poppy seeds a 240g jar of them will be sufficient for a first time low tolerance (to opiates) user. The jars are located in the same area as the packets (in the spice isle). Then onto the magic mystery ingredient conveniently placed a couple isles over in the soft drink/mixer drink isle. Here you will find tonic water. This is mainly used in the popular alcoholic drink Gin and Tonic. Tonic water contains Quinine which turns out to be a potentiator for opiates. One 1.25 L bottle is enough to get 2 - 3 washes out of your jar of seeds.

With ingredients in hand and back home or wherever you are doing the experiment (if you so choose). Again I would like to re-iterate that I am not endorsing the use of opiates only sharing information from a FOAF as to clear up the mystery surrounding poppy seeds (available in Australian supermarkets) potency. Open the jar of seeds then find a container to place half to two thirds (depending on how many washes you want to,3 is the max, FOAF told me 2 is the best amount to do. 3rd wash is usually pretty dull and pointless) of the tonic water into. Place the container in fridge or just set it aside at room temp if you like. Create a funnel with a piece of paper and funnel the entire 240g jar into the tonic water bottle.

Now just shake the bottle vigorously for about 1 min or 2 if your really keen. Let the seeds settle and if held up to the light you should see a slightly brown murky liquid. Open the lid slighlty to let out the excess CO2 . You should see little clumps of brown on the seeds on top. The more of this you see the more potent the batch. Close the lid and shake again to recombine the residue. Unscrew the lid slightly ( theres your filter) and squeeze liquid out of the bottle into a cup.

Drink all the liquid quickly (the bitterness is masked by the sweet tonic water).

30 min onset. 3 - 5 hr high with a 30 - 60 min peak mid way.

A FOAF says to do these responsibly the different batches vary in potency greatly and can cause OD leading to death. :(

Peace out :2thumbsup:

14. shermin

shermin Bazooka Tooth

today's tonic water contains a mere fraction of the quinine that used to be in medicinal tonic water... this is stupid

source: http://www.princeton.edu/~achaney/tmve/wiki100k/docs/Tonic_water.html

15. Mokshashanti

Mokshashanti Members

I have been experimenting with various methods and the one that seems to work the best so far is approximately 2 lbs poppyseed, two unsweetend 6.2grm packages of instant kool aid. 1.place 2lbs ov poppyseed in a gallon pot, 2.pour in instant kool aid an mix thoroughly 3.add cold water, greentea,preferably no sweetener as It has been mentioned that sugar can mess with the alkaloids, im not sure about the sugar thing but anyway add liquid till it iz approximately 1to 2inches above settled seeds. 4. preferably use a wisk and stir contents vigorously for approximately 15-20min,strain and drink. Then repeat steps 3 and 4.

16. Drew Peacock

Drew Peacock Members

My friend bought 3 pounds of black poppy seeds online and we each got 250-300mg, not sure which for sure but it was around that, and it was really great haha
    All we did to make it was measure out the poppy seed, put it in a 2 liter bottle, mixed for 20 minutes, added some random tropical fruit juice we found in the fridge for flavor and enjoyed. It's pretty easy to make and very cheap haha, definitely worth a try

17. melkm

melkm Member

I didn't have time to read every response to this, but I had a severe addiction to opiates for 10 years with a tolerance that would have killed Rush Limbauch...needless to say, this is accompanied by severe, crippling withdrawal. On one particularly brutal occasion, my desperation drove me to try poppyseed tea. I sent a friend, as I was busy expelling waste from every oriface and having muscle spasms and everything else that goes along with being an addict. (A little off point, but one of my worst symptoms during these times was that my skin would be on fire to the point I couldn't wear clothes...never heard anyone else have that one, but it sucked) anyhoo....she brought a couple pounds of grey ones from a local bulk food store. I think I used between 300-400 grams, put them in an empty 2 liter pop container, used hot tap water, not boiling, and a few tablespoons of lemon juice and shake the shit out of that bottle for 12-14 minutes. Lemon juice is a natural cleanser and this particular recipe calls for warm water because it does wash the seeds better than cold. Take an ice pic, or any hard thin sharp object and poke 5 or so holes in the lid and squeeze it out. 2 seperate containers, there will never be 2 batches of seeds with the same amount of opiate residue and u could OD on this if u get a strong batch. It has happened several times. Come to think of it, start with 200, just to be safe. Yes it works, yes it gets u high, but most importantly for me, it took me out of withdrawal...btw this was 2007-08, I got on suboxone program August 5, 2008 and haven't had an opiate since. I do still take the subs for pain, 1 mg per day compared to the 16 8 years ago, I haven't had a craving since the day I started those and I don't care what anyone says, to each their own, but suboxone not only gave me my life back, but it saved it and my family as well. Sorry for babbling, hope it helps someone

18. irastas

irastas Members

This is a PS because editing on my phone does not allow me to scroll down!
    Using a Cafetière is an absolutely superb way to save time making tea with either form, heads or seeds, as it then requires only ONE filtration before consumption (or evaporation) as it gets rid of the vast majority of vegetable matter which none of us want in our tea! (Or indeed our CFO)!!!

Well I guess my opioid/ate dependence, as with our friend @Melkm and the one s/he USED to have, is high enough to have my daily intake kill an elephant or rhino or whatever; I am prescribed Oxycontin 120mg twice daily (got to love those purples - I believe they are not sold in America, but then REAL OC as sold everywhere else is banned there and they are stuck with the - personal experience - complete garbage, half-strength, side-effect ridden 'OP' things and they must obtain m/r OC from countries where Purdue is not the patent holder, so that also excludes pills marked 'EX' & 'CDN' too, Mexico and the rest of C and S America & Canada, but you still can get real OC there, just avoid 'OxyNeo') and rescue Palfium (now withdrawn in Ireland so must get every 90 days in Netherlands), dipipanone and cyclizine tablets, hydromorphone x 5 x 2.6mg tabs per dose brand Palladone (Europe has no higher IR strength unlike US where those Abbott or Mallinckrodt white 8mg triangles are excellent and I would only need one of those and a yellow 4mg) or Sevredol 80mg - only UK IR Morphine sulphate, each on a two week rotation and that is before we wander into the lush green fields of illicit recreational opiates from Afghanistan, as long as you catch that stuff before it has been through Kosovo, or the stuff that is not cut with anything at all before going straight to the "Low Countries", the only place outside Afghanistan and Iran (or Pakistan) it is at all possible to get uncut diacetylmorphine base for smoking;
    The quality of the opium available in the UK now is dreadful, hardly any different from Kratom extract, so drinks are by far tge most-used method of using opium. Gee's Linctus over tge counter at pharmacies is now rarely seen but contains so little opium that one requires to drink around four or five x 200mL bottles to feel anything worthwhile. But NEVER poppy SEED tea - in my ooinion a waste of good seeds which can be grown. It is not illegal to be in possession of opium popoy seeds or to grow them, an offence is committed only when the unripe pod is scored and latex gathered. Dried P.somniferum heads are a thousand times better and you are left with so many seeds you can have a lifetime supply planted by broadcast everywhere in your area and never need to buy any more than your original 2Kg box of poppy heads ever agsin!
    The drink obtained from steeping and mashing de-seeded pods which have been made into the finest possible powdery stuff in slightly acidic (use citric acid to around pH4.5-5) preferably cooled boiled water BELOW 65º is, so long as you use heads from good potent varieties - in UK our only native opium poppy, Hen and Chicks, is strongest I know of but gigantgemum, Shyama, Afghan lilac, Persian White and Danish Flag are best of the other varieties and doubles which do not even look like poppies such as green/yellow Danebrog are also rather good, but watch your climate and never let them get too much rain or watering if growing your own rather than buying dried heads which have inevitably already been scored and much opium already extracted...
    Seeds require so many it is uneconomical and tea made from heads as described must be the way to go. The opium produced by patiently using a large glass or Pyrex shallow dish and evaporating the water from twice-filtered (use doubled coffee filters twice) is usually described as CFO (cooked flake opium) & is better than any imported opium I have seen since the 1980s but to get 5g you need about 3Kg poppy heads or in many cases 5Kg. And cast aside the myth of Tasmanian poppies being the best - they are bred for THEBAINE and have very low morphine content and high thebaine and codeine so are of much greater use in the pharma industry where they form the basis of all the synthetics SORRY semi-synthetics made in Australia such as oxycodone and dipipanone, almost all morphine, diamorphine, -morphones etc being derived from the legally grown Indian crop which supplies 90% of the world supply but the UK are now growing both marijuana and opium in increasing amounts for clinical use.
    From what I have written it may be inferred that poppy SEED tea is uneconomical and I forgot to szy, about half tge potency of poppy HEAD OR STRAW tea, which is great; but as has already been pointed out it requires considerable sweetening using honey and (avoid sugar) sucralose based sweeteners to counteract the incredibly bitter taste of either type of tea. A touch of lemon juice or grapefruit juice (also a bit of a potentiator) adds some lovely flavour to the finished tea.
    Quite some debate a couple of pages back about how much water to use, but the 1 part seeds/heads, blended in food processor to the very finest before filtering, my own method id 1 to seven or eight. It can be done with less but the solubility of the alkaloids will waste a lot if you try to use any less water than that.
    Tea made from 2Kg of either heads or seeds MUST use at least 30L water or saturation point will be reached. Ignore anybody who posted about heating the mix to a simmer, that is well above the temperature I gave which is five degrees Celsius below the point where ALL opium poppy alkaloids begin to degrade.
    In the meantime, smoking evaporated znd well (patiently!) dried opium made by evaporating the tea is even better than drinking it. Just remember that the fumes must be produced without exposure to naked flame. Opium pipes, oddly, are illegal even if growing flowers is not and most of my tea loving friends and yours truly would use a heat resistant pyrex glass pipe for the purpose, never any other method. Simply heat from below and inhale the first fumes you see forming, then repeat until your matchhead or pea sized little ball of CFO is completely consumed.
    Effects are faster and stronger than tea but do not last a third of the duration, maybe a quarter is close. For a good strong and long lasting effect then drinking, which can give a 5 hour high in my experience, is the way to go.
    But HEADS not SEEDS!!!

19. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

I need to find an up to date post on using poppy seeds available in America. Someone else must be doing this, as the slot in the spice rack there is often empty or one left. I now have two bottles of seed.
    Like to be stocked up, just like for my DXM haha!

So does anyone have good directions on making for a good opiate buzz on American supplied seeds? I'm guessing GB/Aussie brands may be totally different, thus different amounts or techniques.

20. Chodpa

Chodpa Senior Member

seed tea? if you're stupid or very hard up