Poppy Pod Tea

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by kil0, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Piink

Piink Member

I have a high tolerance, and I doubted this stuff with all my mind, but after trying it, I'm convinced. It does indeed work. And I think you'd have to feel it, just find your dose. It contains many opiates, the two main ones are codeine and morphine, so if you can't feel extremely large amounts of codeine and morphine.. well then my friend. You need to stop doing opiates now.:p

But I don't see why anyone with any type of a tolerance wouldn't be able to feel this.. just adjust the dose to suit your tolerance, even if that means you have to consume the equivalent of 40 pods for one dose.

As far as it curing your w/d's, I think it'd be perfect for that. It definitely would help.

2. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

Perhaps my suggestion that acidic juices are a requirement for full extraction is a bit excessive, but one thing I have noticed is that actually getting the water to a rolling boil and adding to the ground pods while still in that state, seems to be too high of a temp and resulted in less potent tea.
    But then again this is like the kindergarten of chemical extractions lol, and any time you use a pod the potency will vary, so there is no way to be sure with us all using this method.
    I only mention this because I have ALWAYS used from the same vendor (no longer around, this was several years ago) and the potency has almost always been very high and consitent throughout the years. Except once when I tried a different strain, it was warming but also made me much more nauseas. Not in a pain that made me think it was treated pods, but just I dont know, 'heavier' if you follow.

3. pedaltopedal

pedaltopedal Member

Yea, you bring up a good point here.

We would need to be working with a homogeneous mix of pod material in order to accurately compare strengths of each brew. The potency between pods varies too much, making any results skewed. I suppose that's why everyone seems to swear by a slightly different method.

I don't have any doubts that the acidic juice does help to some degree, I just never noticed any increase (again, though, kindergarten chemistry, lol). I have a hard enough time drinking the tea without vomiting these days, and by adding the acidic juice, it just becomes unbearable for me to the extent that any increase in potency is just not worth for me, anyways.

So, then, do you brew with water that is lower than boiling temp? For example, boiling the water and then allowing it to cool for a few minutes before you add the pod material? I might have to give that a try. I've noticed that boiling the water with the pod material directly in the pot for 5 minutes or so seems to lower the potency (again, kindergarten extraction). It makes sense though that the heat would be most likely destroying at least some of the morphine.

4. Piink

Piink Member

From what I've read, and what I did, you bring the water to the point JUST below boiling (eg you start to see the bubbles forming on the bottom of the pot and such). Then you remove the water from heat and add pods.

-Correct? Worked for me.

5. pedaltopedal

pedaltopedal Member

That should work plenty.

The goods seem readily soluble in water anyways, assuming your pod material is ground up finely enough. I've even tried soaking the ground pods in room temperature water for 30 minutes, and it still works pretty well. There even seems to be a change in the nature of the high as well... as if it's more sedating and less nauseous, though obviously a little less potent at the same time.

My point being that I don't think the method has to be precise, because most of the goods come out of the pods easily enough it seems.

6. Pellinore

Pellinore Member

I tried it today.. drunk it 2 hours ago.. pretty awesome experience.. that sudden heat burst.. the light contrast shifting.. even a bird flying over was amazing to watch.. if just my stomache wasn't this upset..

7. Piink

Piink Member

Yea, my stomach was pretty bad off the first time.. definitely not quite as bad the second, but still upset. Are there any suggestions for this? (eg. eat before consuming, drink something else immediately after, drink pepto bismol right before?) I read ginger ale is supposed to help, and that makes sense, I always drink that when I have an upset stomach. Does anyone know what causes the upset stomach? What is in the Tea that causes that common side effect?

8. Pellinore

Pellinore Member

I drunk it early in the morning before ingesting anything else.. that might have been the cause for me.. i think its also just the terrible taste of it.. like when eating shrooms..

9. S2S

S2S Member

The big key to reducing the nausea is to EAT!

Usually I won't eat for at least two hours before I drink my tea, then I'll wait about half an hour after ingesting it and have a light meal/snack. If any nausea hits me later on, I'll eat some crackers/pretzels/granola and it's gone in an instant.

Don't go crazy and eat tacos or a chili dog because those things might make it worse. Stick to plain foods and you should be nausea free.

10. Piink

Piink Member

Thanks S2S, I'm brewing my second batch now (letting it simmer for a couple hours). I'll try that this time.

11. ratgirldjh69

ratgirldjh69 Member

well i just wanted to say that i was having a hard time with the pods before.... actually i was strung out on them (LOL) and that i finally got my daily required dose down to 1 teaspoon of the pod powder - hahaha - and for some reason i can't get any lower than that. i actually wake up with big pupils in the morning and have the runs if i miss a couple of days of my 1 tsp dose!!! can you believe this!!??
    but - one good thing is that if i want to get high i can feel even just one or 2 pods
    one pod btw is approximately 5 heaping/sometimes level teaspoons..... just so you know... like anyone cares about this - LOL
    djh

12. TeamFDN

TeamFDN Guest

I get pretty wrecked off of pods. I recently found an excellent vendor of the tasmanian variety and the price is unbeatable. But anyway, I made tea the first couple of times and got pretty high. After that I just ate all of the powder mixed with yogurt or ice cream. For me personally, I got much higher and it requires a smaller dose. I'm convinced that no matter how refined your tea making technique is, you're not getting the full amount of alkaloids. Well, that's just my opinion but I always do what works best for me. Plain and simple: I get much higher when I just straight up eat the powder.