Poppy Pod Tea

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by kil0, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Piink

Piink Member

Well, the pods came in and I made a batch. I used 7 pods for 6 cups of water. Followed the directions written on this thread.

When I first started drinking my stomach was feeling very heavy, kinda upset, but not too bad.

I drank about 12oz an hour ago. I don't feel much. I definitely feel "different", and not just from placebo effect. But I don't feel an opiate buzz whatsoever. I'm going to drink another glass and see if anything can come from this. Hope so.:rolleyes:

2. PeaceAndRasta

PeaceAndRasta Senior Member

hmmm.. keep posting!

3. Piink

Piink Member

(I started a timer on my iphone)

I'm 1hr 30min into this. And half way through my second cup. I'm drinking it so slowly because every time I take a sip, my stomach feels heavier, with some minor sharp pains. It's not pleasant, but definitely tolerable. I've read of many people throwing up on their first time, hope that's not gonna be me.

Still not feeling "much". Definitely feeling "something". The best way I could describe this feeling is: Very similar to the feeling you get 20-30 min before you start tripping.

Hopefully the rest of this cup will get me some relaxed warm fuzz all over, but I'm doubting it.

4. PeaceAndRasta

i bet its gonna kick in randomly and itll knock your ass off! lol

5. Piink

Piink Member

Have you done Pod tea before? Does it normally take this long to kick in? (Been 1 hr 35 min)
    Keep in mind, I'm not new to opiates... at all.

And what about the upset stomach?

6. Piink

Piink Member

idk.. finished the second glass.. definitely feel "something".. can't really place it. Doesn't feel like much of an opiate buzz. Hopefully this will kick in stronger in time. I'm going to bring a 3rd cup with me in a travel cup to a friends house. I'm gonna play some GoW2 for a while.

I will post either later tonight or tomorrow on the overall results of this tea.

Time since first cup: 1hr 45min (2 cups in so far)

7. PeaceAndRasta

na, but ive done kratom which is somewhat similar?

8. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

I wonder what the problem is Piink?
    What size where the pods you used? And did you make sure they soaked with an acidic juice for at least 30 minutes? I dont know exactly how much time they require but that always worked for me.
    Then again, I drank 2 cups once and felt just a little off for almost 2 hours, and while I was at a huge party on this rooftop, they suddenly started working like I had hoped.
    But that was only one time, every other batch I've made has had noticeable warming effects within 30 minutes, at the most.

9. Piink

Piink Member

Thanks for the help guys.

Time: 3hr Dose: 3 cups

I definitely feel something stronger now. I feel warm all over and relaxed. The back pain I had earlier is gone =) I don't have the euphoric feeling I get from opiates, but I've read that doesn't always accompany the high with PT. I don't have the body "buzz" of opiates either. I do have the warm feeling but the "fuzzy" is missing, so to speak. Overall I feel good though, with some stomach cramps to boot.

To answer your questions Relayer: The pods were sized from a golf ball to just under a tennis ball. Most falling inbetween those two sizes. I didn't add any acidity to the mix, just plain water. I got it just before a boil, and then removed from the stove, added the powder and let sit for 30 min, while stirring. I read that the adding of acid isn't nec. Some people claim it may not even do anything. I did go to the gas station, buy a pack of cig's and a 20 oz grapefruit drink. I drank that, and I think that may be why I'm feeling this more now. I read that it helps your liver break down the enzymes. Do you think an acidity to the tea makes that big of a difference? I read a bunch of recipes which say it is optional, or don't mention it at all. And if so, do you think I could still add it to my tea? I have it in a gallon jug in my fridge. Thanks again for the help guys. I appreciate it. As I said, the effects are increasing with time, and I think the grapefruit may have done a lot. I'm going to continue to sip and continue to update.

P.S. another thing worth mentioning is I do have an reasonably high tolerance to opioids. I'm used to taking methadone and oxy to feel "good". That's why I was going to make the tea much stronger at first (15-20 pods), but after reading so much on it I decided against it. Many people warn of finding your dose first. Which is smart of course. Better safe than sorry, but I figured my tolerance would make this difficult.

P.P.S. I must say, just through the course of tying this replay the effects seem to have increased enough to mention. Still not "high as kite" but feeling good. Time to play some Gow2 (had to get my xbox from my friends, he took the other TV out of the den over there, so I'm back at my place.)

10. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

I firmly believe that the acid is a requirement to get the full potential. Because, the potentiation resulting from drinking acidic beverages is entirely noticeable, no doubt about that. But when you grind these pods into a powdery mess, most likely you still have some hefty shards floating around, am I right? And when you strain and filter to a jug or a cup whatever your medium is, those peices which werent pulverized to dust dont make it into your drink. The entire purpose of the acidic drink added (VERY LIBERALLY!) to your almost boiling water and poppy powder, is to help extract the dried opium out from the pods and into your tea. I realize that opiates at pharmacuetical grade are entirely water soluable, but the raw opium latex stuck to the pods needs that extra boost on top of the high water temperature in order to seperate and swim freely in the water and then freely down your throat.
    Im no chemist by any means, my understanding is very limited, but this is how I've always made tea, and the times when I added less lemon juice then I normally would have resulted in lower potency tea. Might be a coincidence and I might be talking out of my ass, but this is just personal experiences acted out many times.
    I hope you have better luck next time piink and enjoy the buzz you did manage to catch regardless :cheers2:
    God bless

11. Piink

Piink Member

Elapsed time: 6hr 30mni
    Dose: 4 1/2 glasses (about 12oz each)

Thanks much for your help R. I'll def add some acidity to it next time.

Right now, I am actually feeling pretty damn good. I got to admit. Feel like an opiate buzz. I kinda got the "fuzzies":eek:

It's not an intense buzz, or one I could ever nod from. But it feels damn good. I'll tell ya that. I'm a little itchy, and very relaxed. With the opiate feel throughout the body. And after I ate, it kicked it in a LOT more. Thanks for the help guys. I'll keep sipping, and keep posting if anything else progresses.

One more question. Besides the alkaloids that are getting me high, is there anything in here I should be worried about taking too much of? I can gauge how much i can handle by my buzz, but I just want to make sure there aren't any other harmful toxins that I wouldn't be aware of. I don't want to do damage to anything.

12. Piink

Piink Member

Elapsed time: 8hr 54min
    Dose: 5 glasses

Well, I'm definitely on my come down now. Still feelin' good. No as good as before. It peaked for about an hour, which was pretty awesome. Definitely better than I had expected. But nothing to write home about. Overall, for how accessable, and cheap.. I'm highly impressed. The next batch I make is going to be twice as strong and I'm going to put a lot of lemon juice in it. I'll make sure to give a last update on this thread once I do (probably tomorrow ;)) if anyone is interested.

Gonna play some more Gears of War then hit the sac. Got a research paper due on Tuesday, need to get that mostly finished by tomorrow night.

Night guys! Happy hunting.

13. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

Im telling you piink, LIBERALLY add as much lemon juice as you can stand. The more the better. Tons of sugar and honey to kill the taste if you need it easier.
    As far as physical damage, I believe there may be some liver concerns but dont quote me on it. As far as it goes, it's just the opium latex in liquid form instead of smoking the dried scrapings, so other than lemon juice, sugar, and water, no, there is no chems to worry about.
    God bless

14. S2S

S2S Member

So you're saying that the best way to extract as much as you possibly can is to add near-boiling water to the pods then dump a bunch of lemon juice into the mixture?

Yesterday I added lemon juice to the final product and I didn't notice much of a difference...I'm probably doing it all wrong. :)

Also, is letting the pods steep for only five minutes in the hot water not long enough?

15. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

I would let it steep for at least 30, stirring reguarly.

16. Piink

Piink Member

Wow.. that was some opie sleep. Felt similar to going to sleep 6hours after you've taken a roxi. And now I definitely have the afterday effects. That heavy, drowsy, tender body, accompanied with a small headache. I still have more than half left from my first batch. Going to try and wait a while till I do that, though I may end up consuming tonight, if the hangover goes away. I'm getting some methadone tomorrow, so that should be fun.

How long will these tea stay "good" in the fridge? I'm guessing pretty damn long, right? Just like any other tea? And Relayer I heard you saying before, that you use 10pods per gallon, I think... is that correct? Whats the strongest brew you've ever made? For my next one I'm thinking 15 pods for 3 cups water, 2 cups grapefruit juice. 3pods per cup. What ya think?

17. recoveringhereon

recoveringhereon Member

anyone ever had any experience with this shit being an addict? I wonder if i'd feel it?
    Maybe it could be used when your dopesick to get well?

18. FritzDaKat

FritzDaKat Member

Go back a page or two and look into Ibogaine. Everything I've read on the subject of Ibogaine as a treatment for addiction has been all positive. The only real negative I oculd see associated with it is the one faced by the Big Pharmacutical Companies and "Treatment clinics" who would loose a big hunk of their Consumer base revenues for Methadone and Nicorette gum.

Yea' it's still classed as having no medical value but thats the same tripe they push about Colloidal Silver and herbal remedies, and mainly the same reason as well, but as it's a halucinogen it gets classed as a Scheduled substance as well so ya' might have a hard time finding it.

19. S2S

S2S Member

I used a decent amount of lemon juice last night in a batch of six medium sized pods and let it steep for half an hour, but I think I may have used too much water. The buzz was still good but seemed a little weaker than normal, thought I might just be developing a tolerance.

The water issue has always been sort of confusing for me. Some reports say to use one cup of water for every three to five pods and some say to use more. How much do you guys use?

20. pedaltopedal

pedaltopedal Member

You're not going to run into problems from using too much water (well, within reason of course).

The alkaloids are pretty readily soluble in water, so even using a small amount of water seems to work pretty well for me. For example, adding just enough water to cover the grounds in a coffee cup is usually enough, though, I do this extraction twice and then add the two extractions together. This results in the least amount of tea to drink, but it seems enough to be able to extract most of the goods out.

I've never noticed an increase in the strength of my tea when using something acidic like lime or lemon juice. In fact, I think it makes the tea taste even worse, so I usually skip this step completely.

I've found that boiling the water, then pouring it over the grounds and allowing that to steep for 20 or 30 minutes, as has been mentioned, has shown the best results for me.