Pope Lets Aborted Fetuses Into Heaven

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by skip, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Lilah_Morgan

Lilah_Morgan Member

See this is why I could never be Catholic. (plus learning all about the history of the catholic church in a class this semester..yikes!) No one person can claim to be closer to God than any other person, IMO anyway.

This reminds me of a movie I just watched (in above mentioned class) where the catholic church did "indulgences"---peasants would pay a fee, and the priest would be like "your uncle has been released from purgatory". It was like WHAT??????

No human decides, GOD decides, period.

2. mariposa

mariposa Member

I couldnt agree more!

3. skip

skip Founder Administrator

And a member of the Nazi party if I'm not mistaken...

4. steffan

steffan puffin

I can see them going more toward spirituality, going with the flow like good politicians, makes me sick to my stomach to relieze it will actualy work too

5. mariposa

mariposa Member

Yea, the Nazi thing. I wish we could get rid of this past because its kind of boring me. Germany gets always pushed into that "you have to bleed for this past forever" and somehow our politicans totally agree. I wonder how other nations just could skip this part of regret for something an extinct (almost) generation did.

I am sorry for saying this so rude, but its just not ok anymore.

6. skip

SORRY YOU'RE SOOOO BORED...

Well until the apologies are profuse and universal, the past MUST be brought up again and again to keep ppl from making the same mistakes, as is the usual course of events.

Indeed Christians have 2,000 years of apologies to make, yet I'm STILL not hearing ANY!

Sorry you can't just shove 2,000 years of intolerance, war, repression, inquistion, etc. under a carpet and pretend it doesn't exist.

Beacuse the moment you do that, the same shit occurs. That's what Christians did in 2004, ignoring the fact that Iraq=Vietnam except now it's Christian vs Muslim. A new crusade, that is still ongoing, yet you would choose to IGNORE the Christian Crusades of the first & second millennia out of convenience cause you just don't want to face the truth about YOUR OWN RELIGION and the HORRORS that have been done in the name of Christ & Christians.

7. steffan

steffan puffin

2000? seems to me that there influence goes back 600 to 900 years or so, to when the bible was written

8. ronald Macdonald

ronald Macdonald Banned

I heard that the pope used to eat human foetuses back a long time ago in the dark ages because they thought it would help him live longer

9. mariposa

mariposa Member

I quoted the Nazi statement, no other. But you should think about the REAL position religion had in politics. Take a close look, its about power not about religion.

And, uh, let me know when your goverment starts to pay for Vietnam.
    Thats the point where fairness comes involved.

my last word to this, Sara

10. skip

Sorry again Mariposa, but it's about RELIGION, not power.

Why?

Because those elected USED their religion to entice Christians to vote for them. They purposely took stands on hot button issues for Christians so that they would get their vote.

These politicians are Christians themselves and they SOLD themselves on their Christian values. So they NEED to be held accountable for these so called "Christian values" that they violate daily.

We must make it a Christian issue, perhaps then politicians will learn to sell us on their actual political policies and NOT their religion with moral values attached.

If it's not about religion, then WHY do politicans continuously stand in front of religious groups telling people how they support their same values?

Why go before religious groups AT ALL, when there is supposed to be a separation of Church and State in this country?

Perhaps ALL politicians should be banned from Religious groups and Religious groups should be banned from political activism.

That would be TRUE separation of Church and State which has NEVER happened in recorded history yet...except for communist states, which were far more successful at it.

11. skip

Sorry Steffan, but no. Christians were "doing their intolerant/murder thing" long before the current bible was updated.

Aren't Christians taught Christian History? Cause you ALL sound like you need some lessons!!! LEARN YOUR LESSONS AND MAYBE CHRISTIANS will stop repeating these HORRORS over and over!

Here's a few things to consider (I can find many more if you like). And these are more than 900 years ago...

In 777, Charlemagne, a devout Christian, after conquering the Saxon rebels, gave them a choice between baptism and execution. When they refused to convert, he had 4500 of them beheaded in one morning.

In the fourth century, Emperor Constantine, the first Roman Emperor to become a Christian, had over 3000 Christians executed because their interpretation of the Bible did not agree with his. That is more than the number of Christians who died at the hands of the Romans during the well known 1st century "Christians to the lions" persecutions.

In 1122 Christian crusaders swept over Jerusalem and slaughtered men, women and children, 'until their horses were knee deep in blood. We then went to the church to thank the Lord for his mercy.'

The above are from William Manchester's "A World Lit Only by Fire- The Medieval Mind and The Renaissance"..Little, Brown & Company, 1992

Already in 385 C.E. the first Christians, the Spanish Priscillianus and six followers, were beheaded for heresy in Trier/Germany

Manichaean heresy: a crypto-Christian sect decent enough to practice birth control (and thus not as irresponsible as faithful Catholics) was exterminated in huge campaigns all over the Roman empire between 372 C.E. and 444 C.E. Numerous thousands of victims.

Already in the 4th and 5th centuries synagogues were burned by Christians. Number of Jews slain unknown.

In the middle of the fourth century the first synagogue was destroyed on command of bishop Innocentius of Dertona in Northern Italy. The first synagogue known to have been burned down was near the river Euphrat, on command of the bishop of Kallinikon in the year 388.

Council of Toledo 694: Jews were enslaved, their property confiscated, and their children forcibly baptized.

The Bishop of Limoges (France) in 1010 had the cities' Jews, who would not convert to Christianity, expelled or killed.

First Crusade: Thousands of Jews slaughtered 1096, maybe 12.000 total. Places: Worms 5/18/1096, Mainz 5/27/1096 (1100 persons), Cologne, Neuss, Altenahr, Wevelinghoven, Xanten, Moers, Dortmund, Kerpen, Trier, Metz, Regensburg, Prag and others (All locations Germany except Metz/France, Prag/Czech)

12. skip

You see the lengths to which Christians will go to get people to convert to their ways?

Christians have NEVER USED FEAR to convert people have they?

I tell you one thing, THEY WILL NEVER EVER USE THIS SITE AGAIN to instill fear in people's hearts in order to convert them to their religion. Those days are over!

13. steffan

steffan puffin

I see your point, I supose you could go back even further to the beginings of the nations of islam.

14. steffan

steffan puffin

as long as we can still have the opertunity to point out to them why it is so unhealthy to follow a religon like that. How forcing yourself to believe that which you know to be false will negativly effect your mind