poor people should not have children!

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Inquiring-Mind, May 28, 2006.

1. mrsmorrison27

mrsmorrison27 yoda piss

my parents are poor, and they have five kids, and i have a brand new laptop, and ipod, plenty to eat, a digital camera, tons of presents under the tree at christmas, and lots of love. u can be poor and get along. i mean we only make like 200-400 a week depending on the week, and we get along wonderfully. so most ppl are poor, because they dont know how to spend there money, u can be poor but rich at the same time. i dont feel poor at all, but the governemnt says we are. fuck them i guess *listens to ipod*

2. 121

121 Senior Member

Well their not that poor then :rolleyes:

3. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

you mean people bitching about welfare?
    or the people that abuse the welfare?

just in case, I am not saying all people do, just that a fucking ton of them do, I go to school right outside of the ghetto, the way Pittsburgh is set up, I live in basically the heart of the city, with the colleges and shit, and there are 4 poor areas and a few wealthier areas scattered around it, I work at a grocery store, I've had people use multiple welfare cards, I've seen people come with grills and mercedes SUVs and using welfare, the system is totally fucked

4. missfontella

missfontella Mama of Da Assassins

i wrote a long response

my comp fucked up and i'm not doing it again so just let me say this:

do you think that any of those people you described are affected by your distain for them? or the public's distain when they are obviously cheating the system or dealing drugs?

now, that distain is now associated with welfare (yours and the general public) in general. so people like me that are barely making it, being demeaned by people running the system (ex. most social workers treat you like shit), and being judged by people that are fuckiing behiind you in line (or at the register) are getting lumped in with people that abuse the system. iits already a hard life to live. the state owns my ass. when they say jump, i have to. and i still can't pay all my bills with the money i get.

just remember, i'm not the one that abandoned my children. i'm just like everybody else who works hard except i lost my job

5. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

you also don't abuse the system, do you?

do you deal drugs or whore out women for a living and then collect wellfare?
    do you work under the table just so you can collect welfare?
    do you run a business that hires under the table to let others collect welfare?
    do you not try to advance yourself?
    do you sell your food stamps to buy drugs?
    do you use multiple food stamps cards?

you are not one of the ones I am talking about, I can't stress enough that I am talking abotu the people who cheat the system

6. tra1lerpark rasta

tra1lerpark rasta Senior Member

you sound like a nazi .dude have
    you put alot of thought into
    what you have said?

7. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

rasta, if you revive old threads please make sure that they are good ones or at least somewhat amusing...

8. tra1lerpark rasta

no i look for ones that are funny or just plain stoopid

9. tra1lerpark rasta

this guy is a stoopid ass

10. erzebet1961

erzebet1961 Senior Member

My grandparents were dirt poor and had 8 kids.....and each of their kids have been somewhat poor as well , and each had at LEAST 3...if people waited till they could afford to have kids , they would never have any.
    As long as a child gets what they need to live , and lots of love , they are doing ok.....they dont HAVE to have all the little popular toys and cell phones and such , they arent neglected just because their parents cant afford to get them those items.

11. Arlandis

Arlandis Visitor

People should not have children

at all

just let us die out

12. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

Children are old news, clones are the new wave of the future...

13. Lady of the Freaks

Lady of the Freaks Senior Member

free vasectomies all around! :tongue:

14. WanderingSoul

WanderingSoul Free

They also need food.

(edit - and I just realized how old this thread is, and the post I quoted :eek:)

Still, as long as we are on the subject, I think people should think really hard about making the decision to have kids, and make sure they can provide for them in ALL ways. That includes necessities, time, and love. If you can't provide that there's no reason to have kids.
    It's understandable though that some kids happen by accident and the parent has to cope with that.

15. Frieden

Frieden Senior Member

Ugly people shouldn't have kids either. Just saying.

16. FunHogg

FunHogg Senior Member

You can't tell ugly babies from pretty ones. They all look like tiny bruised aliens.

17. praxiskepsis

praxiskepsis ha!

Sure.

Watch the world population dwindle to a few elderly Europeans in a couple generations. :eek:

18. pixie81

pixie81 Member

It doesn't cost much money to raise a child, but it does cost money to indulge their every wish and be an irresponsible consumer. When people choose to spoil with gifts and parties and to choose disposable products, then thats when you need money.

So no, i don't think being poor means you shouldn't have kids, and no, i'm not poor. but grew up so.

19. myself

myself just me

I agree.

20. Jaitaiyai

Jaitaiyai Cianpo di tutti capi

haha.. i was a goddamn cute baby... not so pretty anymore, girl i know was an ugly baby, she's pretty... :D Dont you just love the way things work out??