Ponderings

Discussion in 'Postcards from Planet Earth' started by Katelyn, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Katelyn

Katelyn Banned

What kind of card do you get someone who is incurably ill? At first I thought a sympathy card might be in order, but that's a little morbid because he's not dead yet. Then I thought about a get well card but that's rather condescending isn't it? So I opted for blank but what the hell am I supposed to write in it?

2. aphrodite_pretty

aphrodite_pretty Member

Tellt hem something nice, make it into a letter. "I hope that you're comfortable and that your days are pleasant and enjoyable. I'm sure you're seeing a lot of your friends and family right now, how is aunt Muriel, is she doing well?" The thing is, when someone is very sick, they know it (unless they're very young). They don't try to hide it. So it's really no use in your hiding it from them either. Tell them how much you enjoyed their company, relive an experience you shared with them, tell them that you think of them foldly. I wouldn't say something like, "When you're gone, I'll always remmember..." I'd think it'd be better to say, "Do you remember the time we toilet papered aunt Muriel's car and lit her rose bush on fire? Geez, we were so drunk that night!" Talk about funny and amusing stories. Your objective, really, is to cheer them up. I'd go with something like that on a pretty blank card.

3. Katelyn

Katelyn Banned

Gosh, aphrodite_pretty do you really think so? Do you think he'll write back?
    I just want him to heal and get better and…oops…

didn't mean it like that.

Dammie, now I feel bad :(

Blessed Be