Polymer Clay Beads

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by PeaceBabe, Jan 1, 2005.

1. PeaceBabe

PeaceBabe Senior Member

The girl that did my dreads makes polymer clay dreads and I was wonder if anyone else here does? If so how do you do it? I bought some sculpty 111, and I got some books out of the library but how do you do it? i want ones big enough to fit over one of my dreads...inch, to a half an inch

2. dread_wannabe

dread_wannabe Member

i would love to make polymer clay beads but where do you get the clay? and is there any hints you could give a complete beginner

3. whispers

whispers sweet and sour

you do know polymer clay is ground PVC plastic

4. PeaceBabe

PeaceBabe Senior Member

HA! I bet it is

5. PeaceBabe

PeaceBabe Senior Member

I got mine off of ebay, I would suggest you get a book on polymer clay first and it will tell you about some of the diffrent kinds of polymer clay. I am new at it too, but you can get polymer clay at any craft store I am sure. I use sculpty 3, if there is anything I can help you with just post it here or pm me :D

6. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

Any craft store carys polymer clay.

Very easy - each pack comes with instructions. Mold your clay into the shape you want, and bake it acording to instructions. I love pressing two or three colours together, keep rolling them so it's swirly looking, roll it in a line and cut, piercing holes in each so they make cool beads.