Polygyny, Sexuality, and the Talmud

Discussion in 'Judaism' started by ryupower, Mar 23, 2013.

1. ryupower

ryupower NO capcom included

Hello, obviously I'm a Christian, but I'd really like to know more about Judaism because it interests me to not just understand the spiritual principles, but also the cultural, societal and environmental principles my Savior was exposed to, along with the earlier prophets of the Hebrew Canon.

There are many sources in Christianity on Polygamy in the Bible and opinions as to why this happened in Judaism. What really interests me, however, is not how the Christians, but the actual Jews view this issue. Especially in a modern context, and their reasoning for this. In Christianity we have the Torah and the Prophets, we do not, however, have the Talmud, which I find an important piece to understand Jewish culture.

Anyways, let's skip to the point. Are there any regulations in the Talmud on Polygyny and how it is viewed/allowed?

2. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I know one person who would have these answers. I do not know that he presently has the time to answer your questions but it would be worth a try. You can tell him that I sent you.

http://lionofgod.net/contactus.php

3. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator