Poll

Discussion in 'Agnosticism and Atheism' started by ProjectOmnipotentTri, May 13, 2004.

?

Would you?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    2.8%
  3. If I believed in God.

67 vote(s)
    94.4%
  4. If I didn't believe in God.

2 vote(s)
    2.8%
  1. Occam

Occam Old bag of dreams

Art

Hell is the biggest scam EVER.

Occam wonders if the human race is rational.For much of it believes
    in the farce called hell.
    A thing made by a supposed god of love, to torture forever the fools called humans. Without option for redemption.

If a god DID make hell

Then occam will die fighting the tyrant called god.

Occam

2. skibadee

skibadee Member

lol occam you come out with some funny shit.

3. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

occam annoys soaringeagle when occam calls occams self occam
    soaringeagle thinks occam has a complex

soaringeagle

4. BlackGuardXIII

BlackGuardXIII fera festiva

I like the way Occam deferentially uses the third person when referring to himself. One exhibits a sense of ego detachment and lack of vanity when they use this method of expression. In the case of most posts, the word 'I', or 'me' is the typical choice, which is perfectly fine, and rarely signifies anything. In some of the posts, though, it is clear that the writer holds their own opinion or view in high regard, and refers to it more as fact than just personal perspective.
    It is very unlikely that Occam means to annoy anyone, and even if he did aim to annoy, it is still the readers own choice to be perturbed. It is a misnomer to state, 'he annoyed me, he made me angry, he made me sad, he depressed me...etc.' That is giving others credit for choices that they did not make, and is implying that they have some control over the emotional state of the one made such a claim. Input and viewpoints are just information, and what we choose to do upon receiving them is wholly up to us. If someone insults me, I can shrug it off, chuckle, sob, ignore it, or become enraged, and whichever reaction I choose has nothing to do with where or who I got the information from.
    In my life, it is now my normal practice to reserve annoyance, anger, despair, etc. for times when the message I receive is of particularly major import. Even then my negativity tends to be fleeting, and disappears as soon as I remember that worrying, etc. will only hinder me. Before I was able to do this much more of my precious, limited time was wasted needlessly far more often than it is now.

5. Corvuspirit

Corvuspirit Member

the holy water in my tap has air...is it a sign of the age of aquarius?

6. themnax

themnax Senior Member

the wierd thing about hell is that dante was trying to write a parody, a satire. but enough of that. all water is indeed 'holy'. if there is a god it is holy because it was given to you. yet even if there isn't it's just as holy because nature gives it to you and your life depends upon it. now why on earth should i pay someone to tell me his water is holier then the earth's water where he got it from? this is one of those concepts that makes me wonder how any kind of priesthood can keep a streight face and not break up laughing.

7. hippypaul

hippypaul Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Very well said

8. NaturaAtraSpiritus

NaturaAtraSpiritus Member

Didnt they sell the dirt from the old Atlanta Brave's Baseball stadium after they emploded it?

I think all water found in nature is holy. Just make sure you boil it so you dont puke your brains out after u drink it. Unless ur just reaaaal thirsty.

9. Occam

Occam Old bag of dreams

Blackguard.

Yes..well said.
    If occam wished to be annoying. Everyone would know it :)

He could have answered soaring eagle like this.
    ----------------------------------------------
    Soaring eagle

You can say such yet call yourself
    SOARING EAGLE

Are u a SOARING EAGLE?

NO
    You are a human being. So why call yourself something u are not?
    A soaring eagle has priorities. it sees all but focuses on what is important.
    U should learn from that. And not focus on that which affects u not.

-----------------------------------------------
    Occam

10. Its music to my ears to know that someone appreciates a good South Australian Beer. Not that fosters or tooheys shite.

Anyway...this question might have been answered already, but isn't holy water just water with perfume in it? Anyone got a recipe?

11. Libertine

Libertine Guru of Hedonopia

Indeed. :sunglasse

12. BlackGuardXIII

BlackGuardXIII fera festiva

Thank you Occam and Hippypaul, I appreciate the backslap. Isn't it funny how those whose posts I enjoy are the group from which I receive kudos?
    Figures. And of course it is meaningful to get approval from people whom I find agreeable. I re-read my post........ it was pretty good, if I do say so. lol.
    And I say that in all modesty.
    But, Occam, though you gave it a good effort, if I was soaring eagle, that would not annoy me either.
    It's too helpful.