Poll: Will the officers who killed George Floyd be convicted ?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TheGreatShoeScam, Jun 7, 2020.

?

Will the officers who killed George Floyd be convicted

1. Yes but only the knee on the neck guy

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  2. Yes all of them

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. Some of them

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
  4. They all get acquitted

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  1. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

He can't pardon him. Trump's pardon powers extend only to federal crimes and prisons.

2. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

Here is the earlier video he made. Haven't heard a word about Trump or politics at all and I am 2/3 of the way through watching. Its not like that.

If find so much crap online but this is excellent.

3. Michael1985

Michael1985 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Oops. I meant to say that the charges were against the officers who appeared to be violently beating Mr. King.

4. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

If Derek Chauvin and his colleagues do serve prison time, they had better do so in 'solitary', because if it became known to the other prisoners that he or they were previously 'cops', they might just have a 'very rough' time of it !!!

unfocusedanakin likes this.
  5. erofant

erofant Members

Rump will try anything because he thinks he rules everything. He fancies himself as another Putin, Xi Jinping, or Kim Jung Un - absolute ruler and unfettered master of all. CEO of everything. Like a modern-day "Caesar", he declares & decrees as he sees fit - regardless of laws or the Constitution itself. I wouldn't put it past him to pardon Chauvin.

Tishomingo likes this.
  6. Even he can't be that stupid! Can he? Answers on a postcard please!

Tishomingo likes this.
  7. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Wanna bet - darlin' ???

8. DeanAmbrose

DeanAmbrose Members

If they aren't then we are going to be in a hell of a mess. The Los Angeles riots in '92 come to mind. Chauvin was a bad cop from the get go. I guess he thought he was "Dirty Harry" or something. I couldn't imagine being that calm and collected while pinning a suspect down and ignoring the fact he couldn't breath. There was a couple of guys who I worked with back in 1994 that I wouldn't put it past them to do that to a suspect already in handcuffs. Cincinnati Police chief Eliot Issac stated such restraints are unacceptable and I am inclined to agree.

9. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

You voters seem to agree with me that they all are responsible.

Looking the other way from an injustice that a simple word from you could stop is unacceptable.

Balbus, wrat, Sierra and 1 other person like this.
  10. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

Only sketches.

[​IMG]

Does this mean the trial will not be televised ?

11. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

Punishment is system-wide . It can be delivered on the street . Perhaps punishment does not
    equal justice . When punishment equals retribution and revenge , then it still will not equal justice -
    nor peace .

12. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

The sides appeared so close to reaching a deal, it was expected to be announced at a press conference on Thursday, May 28 — just three days after Floyd’s horrific caught-on-camera fatal arrest.

“I thought we would have another development to talk to you about, but we don’t,” US Attorney Erica MacDonald said at the start of the briefing, which had been delayed by two hours, the report said.

https://nypost.com/2020/06/10/derek-chauvin-tried-to-reach-a-plea-deal-before-arrest/

Maybe this has a different ending then people are expecting.

13. sherman march

sherman march Members

Even if one or more are found guilty, their lawyers will certainly file an immediate appeal which will likely take up to a year to play out.