Poll: Will the officers who killed George Floyd be convicted ?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TheGreatShoeScam, Jun 7, 2020.

?

Will the officers who killed George Floyd be convicted

1. Yes but only the knee on the neck guy

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  2. Yes all of them

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. Some of them

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
  4. They all get acquitted

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  1. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

2. Maccabee

Maccabee Luke 22:35-38

They're looking to aquit one or both of the rookies as they expressed that the main officer shouldn't have his knee on his back.

Mustard Tiger likes this.
  3. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

It depends what the others are being charged with. I was once a juror on a trial and the charges didn’t seem to match what we thought as jurors, had happened (based on what was presented as facts in the trial), so we had to acquit based on the charges. Chauvin definitely will be convicted for second degree murder, I think. There has been some info that has come out that he and Floyd knew of each other - worked at the same night club at one time? So, there might be more to come about this story, that comes out.

Also depends on which autopsy “version” they go with. The state’s autopsy claims Floyd didn’t die from asphyxiation, but the independent autopsy showed that he did.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
    mysticblu21 likes this.
  4. Michael1985

Michael1985 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I'm not going to speculate. As obvious as the excessive force charges appeared to be against the late Rodney King, the officers involved still got off.

5. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I don't know the legal process well enough to know if any of them will be convicted to the maximum charges filed against them.

I think Chauvin will be convicted. I've heard supposedly one of the officers asked Chauvin if they should roll Floyd over during the incident and I don't know how procedures work with the one cop standing guard, so the ones being charged with aiding and abetting are less clear.

mysticblu21 likes this.
  6. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Sadly, the crooks who run the police union will find a way to let them walk.

mysticblu21 likes this.
  7. Zonomir

Zonomir Members

Yes, they will. The pressure ist too big. If they let them walk, there will be a second LA 92 or even worse.

8. wrat

wrat Member

I believe they will, possibly lesser charges they will lose their pension and NEVER work in Law Enforcement again

9. Zonomir

Zonomir Members

could be too less. at least one of them must go to prison to avoid more riots.
    they know that there will be riots after a acquittal or a small punishment so i don´t think they will get out of the courtroom as free persons.

10. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

They will get prison time in theory but not really. As early a parole as the law allows and special treatment inside. The guards will protect them and they will for sure have all kinds of perks. For example cell phones to call family without smuggling them as in others do. TV in a cell that is likely to be private because guards will label them as a dangerous risk just so they have the perk.

They will always have money in their account to buy things from commissary. The guards will always have an eye on them and even if they start trouble it will be the other prison going to isolation.They can never be among the general population and they are already part of one team in us vs them. If the guards don't protect them they will be killed by men who are already serving a life sentence and have nothing to loose.

A 15 year severance becomes 2-3 in some cases if they have "good behavior" and the police union lawyers will be filing for release the second they can.

11. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Upon a search, this is what I found regarding the Minneapolis neck restraint policy:

1. The Unconscious Neck Restraint shall only be applied in the following circumstances: (04/16/12)
      1. On a subject who is exhibiting active aggression, or;
      2. For life saving purposes, or;
      3. On a subject who is exhibiting active resistance in order to gain control of the subject; and if lesser attempts at control have been or would likely be ineffective.
    2. Neck restraints shall not be used against subjects who are passively resisting as defined by policy. (04/16/12)

I think the point Chauvin's defense team might try to justify, the only point they could attempt to justify, is point 1.3. They better have some damning unreleased body cam evidence or something because none of the released videos I've seen would warrant the Neck Restraint.

wrat likes this.
  12. wrat

wrat Member

Well part of that will undoubtedly be true for the simple reason a cop in jail is not safe, so if you value life at all and not just SOME life you must realize that accommodations will and MUST be made.. all remains to be seen

13. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I believe Derek Chauvin will get a stiff sentence, then be paroled after a few years. The rest will get reprimands. If Chauvin is acquitted, think L.A. Riots but in every US city. I'm sure the judge who tries him will be well aware of that.

erofant likes this.
  14. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Trump will pardon the guy and give him a job in his administration... Head Executioner

mysticblu21 likes this.
  15. SonnyCrockett

SonnyCrockett Members

I would hope that Chauvin gets life. The others could get a least 50 years if convicted.

mysticblu21 likes this.
  16. erofant

erofant Members

^^^^^^ I'm "liking" your pic!!!

I think disbanding police depts. would be a mistake - gangs will turn the U.S. into a Wild West shooting gallery. (more than it is already) But I think more police should go through mental studies periodically for signs of a "PTSD" sort of manifestation due to job stresses, etc. And any new hires should go through a rigorous, tough set of tests to determine their mindsets, reveal any biases, mental defects, etc. The police unions ought to be policing themselves - if for no other reason than keeping the trust of the public. When the public views police depts. as criminally immune to unnecessary violence against citizens - ALL TRUST IS GONE.

The kind of police murders we've seen in a number of cases now - where the victim is unarmed, walking or running away, seated, handcuffed, or otherwise no threat to police - are just that - murders. Shooting another human being because you "thought" you saw a gun, (and it was their phone), or they had their hands somewhere other than straight up in the air - is NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!

I've hunted all my life, and you DO NOT shoot at something because you "thought" it was a turkey, or a deer. Hunters are taught that from day 1. So how does any cop shoot AT ANOTHER HUMAN when they "think" they saw a gun?? Or worse yet - when a person is walking or running away (no threat to the cop) or handcuffed?? WHY kneel on a man's neck when he's handcuffed on the ground????

I won't hazard a guess as to the outcome of the trials.

mysticblu21 likes this.
  17. erofant

erofant Members

It wouldn't be a shock to see Rump pardon a murderer. How many corrupt crooks within his own circle has he already pardoned??? Probably more to come too. Slimy disgrace.

mysticblu21 likes this.
  18. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

If he does he better move into that White House bunker!

19. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

20. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

Watching this one now goes into a lot of detail.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020