Poll: Type of Lighter

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by wenis, May 17, 2004.

?

type of lighter you use

1. Bic

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Cheap rip-off of bic

85 vote(s)
    72.0%
  3. Refillable Torch-type

15 vote(s)
    12.7%
  4. Zippo

8 vote(s)
    6.8%
  5. Other

10 vote(s)
    8.5%
  1. wenis

wenis Member

alright, i'm interested in what kind of lighters you use. i prefer bics. they're cheap, reliable, easy to take off child safety, and if you can hang on to them, work until the gas is gone.

2. charredacacia

charredacacia Member

i have one that is like a bic but is refillable. its nice.

3. BuddyBuds

BuddyBuds Member

you forgot the ever popular cricket...

but i prefer bic

4. *Anne85*

*Anne85* Member

i like bic also...everytime i get a new one i take that little child protective thing off...it makes it so much easier to use

5. ericf

ericf Member

I use a bic for bowls and a zippo for joints. I like the zippo more but it isn't a good lighter for a bowl.

6. rockchef

rockchef Member

only time i dont use me trusty zippo is when i cant be bothered to buy fluid for it only slight drawback is that it makes a smoke taste of petrol

7. SweeperOfDreams13

SweeperOfDreams13 Member

I have a beautiful torch lighter.
    I would describe it, but There is some business (a bowl of fruit, actually) that needs to be attended to.

8. TrenchTownRock

TrenchTownRock Member

Bic is the way to go. Generally, when I light anything....a bowl, joint, or even a cigar (not filled with marijuana, with tobacco), I wait about 2-3 seconds and let the flame just sit there. If you light whatever it is you're about to smoke immediatley, I have found that I experience a bad taste from the lighter fluid. I dunno...thats just how I am. Heh.

9. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

I had a $100 electric start tobaco lighter that I took everywhere. It was perfect for all bowls, joints and such. But Saturday night it broke. :( Now im back to BIC's.

10. bobfirechief

bobfirechief Member

No lighter can compare to the mighty bic lighter

11. UTcolorchangn420

UTcolorchangn420 Member

Gotta admit, I'm a fan of the Bics. They are by far my lighter of choice, mainly for their reliability.

12. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

i ushily rub 2 sticks together

13. garf12

garf12 Member

I dont really like bic's they are kind of fat and hard to light with the child thing, and if you smoke alot it makes my thumb start to hurt(even though that is what I am using to smoke right this moment). My favorite by far are crickets. I like the diamond shamrock brand crickets, i dunno why they just feel good. Zipo's suck for lighting bowls.

14. UTcolorchangn420

UTcolorchangn420 Member

What are crickets?

15. dj_reegz

dj_reegz Member

bic, I lost my zippo along time ago. But I wanna get a torch when I start smoking again. Arg it's been 26 days and it feels like 2 months.

16. Ediction421

Ediction421 Member

I use bic because it has always been there for me. Tweakers use bic because of the steady flame and resistance to heat related problems. I also use bic pens, and bic disposable razors when I need them.

Though I should mention my vast collection of butane lighters, but thats just for a hobby, hardly ever use em, there not all that convenient... somewhat unconventional, there caps get in the way of the pipe most of the time.
    :D

17. PeRrY

PeRrY Member

Bic Power, But Crickets are 2nd up

18. PeRrY

PeRrY Member

You can pop those little guys off with a small knife, then they're the easiest thing to spark when your all chinese eyed

19. cat

cat Member

My fav lighter is called a clipper. I think its just a British make though. They have a liitle bit in the middle called a 'podge', that you can take out and use to pack the end of the joint before you roach it.

I like the wind-proof ones as well, that have a flame like a blow torch. Those are really cool.

20. babynug

babynug Member

i use long torch lighter.the ones that are used to light a grill or candle. that's my favorite