Poll : If a politics article has no comment section do you read it ?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TheGreatShoeScam, Feb 7, 2020.

?

If a politics article has no comment section do you read it ?

1. Much of the time Yes

2. Much of the time No, I scroll to the bottom and check for a comment section first

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

Me no comment section then I don't want to read it cause then I have no opportunity to say anything so I move to the next website.

? "Allow the results to be viewed without voting"

No ! You have to vote to see results.

None of this 200 views and only 4 votes nonsense again.

DrRainbow likes this.
  2. I'm the same way with sites that pick and choose which articles we can comment on. CNN and FOX are both notorious about doing this. Some news outlets report well but don't care for comments as a policy, which I can live with if they aren't totally slanted.

What's interesting are some sites like weaselz!ppers who pick up a story from another site, then apply a comment section themselves. At least you have a gauge for some level of public opinion on a story then.

3. lode

lode Banned

The political dialogue on here is incredibly nuanced, fact based, and rational compared to the comments section of CNN/FOX News.

Comment sections on news sites may be entertaining, but in my experience that's their only value.

WritersPanic likes this.
  4. deleted

deleted Visitor

Post articles to your twitter, comment there..

Gul Dukat likes this.
  5. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i don't read many politics articles, but i also never even know if there's a comment section until i've read the whole article and reached the bottom where the comments typically sit.

Orison likes this.
  6. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Comment sections have been shut down because journalists get butthurt when their whole article gets ripped to shreds by honest people in the comment section.

This is why Dissenter is so great. Comment sections that the site can’t remove

7. No. I usually think that the article is a rumour that has a lot wrong with it.

8. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Strange if people don't want to read anything unless they get to give their opinion. Isn't it relaxing to realise sometimes we don't NEED to give an opinion? Maybe we should all remember other people usually don't give a fuck about our opinions anyway, they just want to give theirs.

9. Lego Batman

Lego Batman Scissors paper rocks

what did you do before the internet?

did you write your response to the newspaper and mail it them in hopes they would print it.

10. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Many times I just skip straight to the comment section...

Just to see what all the idiots have to say. There are some really fucked up people out there.