Poll: Did you vote?

Discussion in 'The Hip Polls' started by ahimsa, Jan 13, 2009.

1. finisher

finisher Members

I sure did..

2. jimandjan

jimandjan Member

Yes I voted, but I'm not supposed to tell anyone how many times.

MidtownMind likes this.
  3. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

Yes, After considered research I selected and voted accordingly

4. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

90% of Americans believe they are smarter than rest, and better than average at detecting fake news and information, and most will ignore anything they believe contradicts conventional wisdom, despite nobody ever documenting its existence anywhere in the world. My own research indicates well over half of them make up their own definitions for words, never knowing or suspecting that the dictionary merely contains popular definitions. Both democrats and republicans hate each other more than they trust their own party, and its a grudge match straight out of professional wrestling. Americans have been voting for whoever advertises the most, in practically every local and national elections, for over twenty years. Our most recent elections had scandals involving Russian hackers, stolen votes, etc. despite our elections being gerrymandered to death and most Americans insisting the government lie to them for their own protection.

There's a reason Donald Duck believes a Banana Republic is better than what we have...

jimandjan likes this.
  5. jimandjan

jimandjan Member

I thought after the elections, the democrats and republicans were to work together for the good of the country. That don't happen still name calling and finger pointing.

6. Jesse49

Jesse49 Members

Im Canadian and yes I voted in our national election in September. Win or loose every vote counts. Overall we had a low voter turn out in Canada for this election.

7. granite45

granite45 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yes, always.

8. erofant

erofant Members

My entire family ALWAYS VOTES.

9. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Mine does too and will continue to do so up until the republicans / conservatives figure out how to make it illegal. They're working on it.

10. drock69

drock69 Members

I voted in every presidential election since 1988!

11. sherman march

sherman march Members

The older I get the more cynical I become about elections changing things for the better. I think it was Emma Goldman who said something like 'the problem with you Americans is you think every problem can be solved by having an election'. I have voted in every election since 1972 and the only one I am really proud of was voting for Ralph Nader in 1996. Second place is Obama in 2008 but if I had it to do over again I would not have voted for him in 2012.

12. themnax

themnax Senior Member

every chance i get. more interested in issues then personalities though.

13. talon66

talon66 Members

I always vote. I believe is our responsibility as citizens and a way to honor all those who fought and sacrificed for us to have that freedom and right to vote. Regardless of the party you support. GO Vote!

14. JPN2

JPN2 Supporters HipForums Supporter

15. DonJ

DonJ Senior Member

I voted for the first time when Nixon lowered the age to 18. Haven't missed an election since.

granite45 likes this.
  16. maelstromaz

maelstromaz The more I know, the less I understand.

I always vote. It's a good way to read what the candidates' writers came up with. And I go through the seemingly endless list of judges to 'Approve' or 'Disapprove'.