Politics is really just about priorities

Discussion in 'Politics' started by NakedInfluence, Oct 18, 2020.

1. NakedInfluence

NakedInfluence Member

It was election day here in New Zealand last weekend and listening to all the debates made me realise it's really all about priorities. Say I'm in government and I think reducing unemployment is the most important thing so I do everything I can to that end. More people in work though means increased emissions so someone whose top priority is the environment is likely to say I'm a horrible person when I just have different priorities that conflict with theirs.
    I find all the bickering pointless because essentially we all want the same things we just have different ideas about how best to achieve them.

wrat1 likes this.
  2. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

Yes I see your point. Personal priorities often outweigh others priorities and with the lack of leadership in the world today this just leads to more divisions.

O n another note I was delighted to see your PM re-elected, she has done a phenomenal job.

Vladimir Illich likes this.
  3. wrat1

wrat1 Members

Its all about perception, change perception change outcome, people are fickle

ZenKarma likes this.