Politics is a bore

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Gone and forgotten, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Do you agree? Everything seems like disinformation more than true information. Especially in USA

Irminsul likes this.
  2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Wether it is disinformative or dishonest or not, politics are often boring. But that doesn't mean much. It could say more about our attention span, or lack of interest, or time we're willing to spend on understanding it or getting to the core of matters

MeAgain likes this.
  3. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I think the actual subect matter of politics is interesting, but the discussion methods of those involved in political debates can be quite a predictable bore after a while.

4. new Athenian

new Athenian Members

No, I don't think it's boring but in the US our political state is toxic and is reaching a boiling point. It resembles in many ways the level of discourse found in the 1850's. When people publicly advocate the death of officials they disagree with, publish names addresses and phone numbers to encourage harassment, send in bands of thugs to shout down public speakers things have gone too far. It should be remembered as well those who use such tactics could care less about freedoms of any kind, only their point of view matters.

The WARNING here is that there is a tipping point and the promotion of violence for political gain is a self defeating and truly dangerous game.

We have to return to the values of the First Amendment that everyone has a right of free speech.

etherea and Joshua Tree like this.
  5. Asmodean

I think the subject matter of governing is interesting and also important to know something about, even if one doesn't find it interesting. The associated subject matter of politics is less interesting to me at least (still, often fascinating/intriguing), and definitely more often a bore, but its a neccessary evil to certain extend. Certainly in a democracy.

6. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Is that a rabbit with no ears in your profile picture?

7. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

Tend to agree, as much as I'm fairly opinionated on certain issues I struggle to summon up much appetite to listen to most politicians waffling on about various issues. I think if politicians were more down to earth I'd be more into it.

8. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Remain In Light

I don't think politics is a bore for those struggling at the bottom, or marginalised by society. Some people are on the receiving end of a very raw deal.

etherea likes this.
  9. It is a rabbit with her ears tucked back

10. What if we spent the time studying and understanding it and the politicians were making deals that we don’t see?
    That is where the problem lies

11. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Thought that was probably more likely : )

Pretty bunny. I guess bunnies interest me more than politics.

Actually, politics don't bore me.. But talking about them often does.

12. Asmodean

I agree that lack of transparancy and of course the lobbying and money whoring behind the scenes can be a drag. But its only more reason to get to the core and get the core info to the average citizen.

13. I have lots of bunnies. 19 to be exact and 1 chinchilla

Driftrue likes this.
  14. It is important to keep up with what is happening in your country because it affects everything! Just try to forget the fact that it is a bunch of self serving morons that are the decision makers!

new Athenian likes this.
  15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Meh, I go the opposite. I don't read, I don't listen to the radio, I won't watch the news. I'm literally blinded by what's going on most of the time and that suits me quite well. It's all bullshit to me, just fluff. I don't believe a thing I do see, can't guarantee what I'm reading is accurate, we are just fed what they want us to think and feel.

Well I've had about a gut full of that shit in my life.

I keep up with current county events but not politics. I like knowing what's going on around my end of the world via a couple of internet pages, snow report, a new discovery, what building is being historically preserved next... Those kinds of things. That's the news I only like because they aren't faking a snow report, they're not lying about preserving a building and no reason to hoax a new discovery, the rest of it should be called lies.

16. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

It's all fake. I have no interest in politics, but I do appreciate the show.

17. I dont watch it either. I hate the news because it is scripted. All of it. All of television is, the tv has brainwashed all of us to a certain degree. Some, more than others of course.

18. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I would say that an interest in "the show" is an interest in politics, to an extent.

Rahab likes this.
  19. I fully agree. It is all scripted. There's no point in watching it, really. FAKE NEWS.

20. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Pffft

You want to know how boring politics can be, follow Australian Politics

US politics couldnt be as boring as us if you tried

Fuckers have been arguing about water management and a bunch of dead fish for months