Politics: Are the right becoming irrelevant?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Balbus, Jul 6, 2020.

1. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

TrudginAcrossTheTundra Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Let's try:

1 )What are the top three problems you see facing the US today?

2) What are your top three solutions?

3) What are the top three problems you see facing the US in the future?

4) What are your top three solutions?

5) What are the top three problems you see facing the world today?

6) What are your top three solutions?

7) What are the top three problems you see facing the world, going into the future?

8) What are your top three solutions?

2. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

I dunno bro... Running from ignorance is a natural instinct for some of us.

3. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Trud

LOL you aslking a lot of questions are you going to answer any of mine?

4. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

I’ll keep it simple and short

Covid, unemployment, race, money and corruption in politics

Actually doing something to try and manage the virus, set up furlough schemes, streamline unemployment, set up a federal board to reform policing and remove certain public monuments to museums, education. Setting up independent election panels to end gerrymandering and voter suppression.

Climate change, inequality, healthcare, employment

Reengaging with the world, new green deal, universal healthcare not tried to employment, education and training, stimulus package reversing tax cuts that only serve the interests of wealth.

I think I’ll keep it to the US for the moment and there would be some repetition anyway.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
  5. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

@TrudginAcrossTheTundra

1 )What are the top three problems you see facing the US today? dunno. Poverty's one.

2) What are your top three solutions? Minimum wage/universal income etc.

3) What are the top three problems you see facing the US in the future? debt's one

4) What are your top three solutions? higher tax on gas, gambling, snacks, sales tax

5) What are the top three problems you see facing the world today? inequality's one. climate change.

6) What are your top three solutions? Education that embraces cultural differences from kindergarten through college. Divestment of the oil industry.

7) What are the top three problems you see facing the world, going into the future? Climate change to be sure.

8) What are your top three solutions? I think it takes some kind of pact with all the countries of the world on board saying we will put economy behind environment. Pollution is, in my mind, is a factor of production. Placing demonstrative regulation on industries that pollute can pave the way for introducing greener solutions for industry.

6. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Trud

LOL so why do you seem so ill-informed and ignorant?

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
  7. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

1) Debt
    2) economic growth, spending restraint
    3) cultural implolson, economic implosion.
    4) a common faith in our nation
    5)military agresion.
    6) dunno
    7. energy supply, military agresion. displaced populations.
    8. national cohesion.

8. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

We already tried the furlough schemes, now there are millions of workers around the world posting pics of themselves with 20 of their friends at the pub, but they are still too scared to go back to work and earn less by working 40 hrs a week more

With everybody else still yet to realise who will pay for it all later

9. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Oh and again yet more right wing bitching and moaning – so what solutions do you have?

10. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Thread exists because 2020 should have been the lefts year to shine....but instead we got CHAZ, looting and rioting, failed furlough (UBI) schemes that didnt help contain the virus and a tidal wave of coronavirus karens, which is what happens when individuals have too much power

You are overcompensating with this thread as 2020 has made the left irrelevant

I dont need solutions, conservative governments will be voted in across the world for the next decade to fix all this mess

11. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Yeah.... Fixed that for ya,

Not sure how they are gonna fix shit when they caused it though.

12. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

VG

And yet more bitching and moaning and the same old culture war – ALL lefties and liberals support looting and rioting, I mean come on this is getting old and worn out, its not even funny anymore it’s just plain pathetic.

Thing is that the virus (that I believe you once thought was a hoax) is contained in many places to one degree or another the only places where it is not are the places that really didn’t take measures seriously places like England and some states of the US.

But how can a mess be fixed if you don’t have any solutions?

13. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

It’s the arrogance of many on the right – we want power, we deserve power, we are entitled to power but we haven’t anything to offer, we are not interested in making things better for people, we don’t give a shit about that – now vote for us and then fuck off.

But the thing is that many people will still vote for them because they have been taught the other side is evil

So they bitch and they moan and they nurse their grievances and hates – and are utterly and completely useless because they have nothing of any worth to contribute to their society.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
  14. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

Because you've been brainwashed by one-sided media. Not only have they assigned you your opinions on policy and people, but have convinced you to turn a blind eye to the other side of the story by fooling you into believing they're evil and ill-intentioned.

Which is why when you hear snippets of the other side of the story you are shocked and appalled.

It's like two kids were in a fight at school and they're both telling you the other started it and all their transgressions. It's a lot to sort out. But if you know one and not the other then you're going to believe everything he tells you as if it's the whole truth and nothing but.

You're that friend who won't listen to what the other kid has to say because your guy told you the other kid is a bad guy. You might even go pick a fight with that other kid because of your one-sided half-story beliefs.

I hope you don't have kids, for their sake. Or if you do then you come to your senses so they don't grow up under such prejudice.

15. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

:)
    Sounds encouraging!
    From your typing to God's ears!

16. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Trud

LOL but haven’t you noticed I can explain my views and why I have them and defend them from criticism in rational and reasonable ways – and you can’t.

Go through the thread look at your posts and you don’t seem to be able to answer simple questions let alone construct a defence of your ideas.

I mean I keep asking what have right wings got to offer to bring about a better future for people, positive reasons for supporting todays right wingers and you (and other right wingers) don’t seem able to present anything.

You are big on grievances and hates but that seems to be a about it and they don’t seem like great foundations on which to build a better future

17. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

I answered your question then you respond with confirmation bias, canned narrative, mind reading, and word salad. :unamused:

18. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

This has certainly been the American right wing fantasy since the 60's but it never seems to happen. The parties flip and depend on an electoral system and people seeing both sides as bad. There is a good chance the electoral college is going be a thing of the past. It only takes something like 25% of the US population to support Trump and he will win the election. People are sick of that and at it's getting pretty clear with who the president is that these people were not really for a respectful democracy anyway. Should that one system change there is no doubt the American right wing as it is now would be finished. They would have go to the left but stop before the Democrats.

19. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

The mainstream left embraces their craziest elements and their looniest members, and then becomes taken over by them. Meanwhile the mainstream right repels and backstabs their most effective fighters, and consequently loses to the left. Even though the left are batshit crazy.

The biggest enemy to conservatives is the establishment right.

20. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

I am a libertarian and egalitarian. Once upon a time Labor parties in the UK and Australia were the natural parties for libertarianism. The Wilson Labour Government led the world in abolishing capital punishment, decriminalizing gay sex and pioneered the Open University - an idea copied the world over. These days the left seems far more utilitarian.
    There is one right wing think tank that claims to be libertarian but looks conservative to me. I have heard time and time again on the radio and read in columns in newspapers the panacea to reduce unemployment is to abolish the minimum wage. What employers want these days is competent workers. Totally unskilled work has now been taken over by machines. In medium tech manufacturing due to automation and other productivity improvements, labour is no longer the major cost factor. I emailed the IPA on I think seven issues.Their reply,
    "Thank you for your enquiry."
    They did not get into any further discussions. They just have no idea. Their website,
    HOME - IPA - The Voice For Freedom