Politics are so boring…

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Wrameses, Oct 1, 2021.

1. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Hopeless! Brace yourself for the Second Coming of the Donald, cuz Progressive Democrats can't control their urge to make the Perfect the enemy of the Good! The Republicans will easily take both houses of Congress in 2022 and will use their position to further suppress democracy. Fascism, here we come!

soulcompromise likes this.
  2. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

You think so? I think the Repubs will go down in flames!

granite45 likes this.
  3. granite45

granite45 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Many years ago I had the opportunity to work with a small group attached to the Governor’s Office in the state I live in. Lots of meetings with the cabinet level staff and the Governor. Analysis, outreach and personal contact were valued currency and there was an unambiguous belief that the best policy was the one that best served the citizens of the state…..not personal perks or power. It was a spectacularly reassuring experience; this is how government can work. Since then I have seen much of the opposite elsewhere, but I know that government can be a progressive force for the community at any level. Course I live in the heart of the “left coast”, not by accident either.

erofant likes this.
  4. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Now we've had all the platitudes of how he (David Amess) was and how he cared about the people he represented blah, blah, blah, but not a word on his voting record. He was a member of the scumbag 'nasty party' - just remember that !!! - the same scumbag 'nasty party' that has just voted to cut Universal Credit (a government benefit payment) by £20,00 per week. Was David Amess a rebel against this government initiative or was yet another lobby fodder statistic ???

The scumbag 'nasty party' voted to be 'brexiteers' - was David Amess a brexiteer or was he campaigning to remain ??? Again was he a 'rebel' against the values and policies of Boris Johnson or was he yet again merely lobby fodder. A person should be declared saint or sinner, not on what he says, but on what he does !!!

5. erofant

erofant Members

As I've said on here several times ........ I DO NOT see the U.S.A. lasting another 20 years. The FASCIST REPUBLICAN PARTY has taken - and will continue to take - more steps to gerrymander voting districts, eliminate election laws that guarantee free voter access to voting, create more restrictive election laws (as they already have) to keep Democratic-leaning voters and districts from having their votes counted, and casting doubts on ANY state, federal, or district elections that don't have Republican victories. The strategy of THE REPUBLICAN PARTY is simple .......... shout LIES long enough, cast as much doubt as possible, and eventually, enough POORLY-EDUCATED, SIMPLE-MINDED, MORONS will suck the LIES down, drink the "Kool-Ade", and vote democracy and a free society OUT OF EXISTENCE.

I can clearly see the U.S.A. becoming just like Syria, Russia, China, North Korea, Iran, Venezuela, Columbia, Turkey ......... or any other AUTOCRATIC DICTATOR-led banana republic. Elections will be (are already close to being) a forgone conclusion as to the winner / winning "party." And like any other FASCIST PARTY, they'll take ANY and ALL steps they deem necessary to secure total power into the future. (Notice the politically restrictive move THE REPUBLICAN PARTY has already taken here in the U.S. - it's all they have left to try because their "favor the rich at every turn" policies have failed the nation's citizens for DECADES. Even a good number of life-long Republicans have left the party to publicly oppose the FASCIST moves and goals THE REPUBLICAN PARTY - without shame - has adopted. That's why THE LINCOLN PROJECT was started by highly-placed, life-long Republicans who can see what THE REPUBLICAN PARTY has become .......... a white supremacist, bigoted, FASCIST PARTY. Several Lincoln Project founders publicly stated , "There's only ONE party that stands for freedom and democracy here in the U.S. anymore - and that's the DEMOCRATIC PARTY." ( a VERY DAMNING statement by life-long former Republicans.) That's why the "Never Trumpers" formed - because Trump fueled the fires of bigoted FASCISM, and - free DEMOCRACY be damned.

If Dwight Eisenhower (a Republican of honor) were alive today - he'd be HANGING many REPUBLICANS for TREASON. Trump would absolutely be HUNG. But then .......... "Ike" as he was known - led the U.S. as Supreme Allied Commander in WW II AGAINST FASCIST DICTATORS like Hitler, Mussolini, and Hirohito of Japan.

This is the price of having sooooo many poorly-educated people in the U.S. They can't see the forest for the trees. (For those who aren't familiar with that saying, it means they can't see what's plainly - CLEARLY - right in front of them.) If they were well-educated - they could see how the U.S.A. is dissolving at the hands of THE REPUBLICAN PARTY.

6. erofant

erofant Members

Couldn't agree more. I've no knowledge of the guy you're speaking of in the UK, but I've taught my kids to not listen to the words of a politician - but instead watch their actions ........ what they DO.