Political beliefs?

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by Adamskiffle, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

Would you date someone with totally different political beliefs to yourself beliefs or would that put you off?

2. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

No, absolutely not !!!

3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

it's probably less likely to work out in the long run, but i wouldn't turn down a first date over it.

4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

My political beliefs are due to my value system and moral compass. I wouldnt date someone with a different value system and moral compass.

5. everything bagel

everything bagel Banned

I mean, maybe? I'm currently dating someone with different religious beliefs and things are working fine. So different political beliefs could work too

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
  6. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

7. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I'm open to it. But what Meliai says makes sense, so only if it doesn't mean she also has a completely different set of norms and values. Which of course doesn't have to be the case. Not everyone with a political mindset that could be seen as opposite to mine is that different.

8. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

Dating a drop dead beautiful woman politically opposite from me!
    v
    Absooooolutely :)

I'd be some good back n forth conversations that could definitely open up different points of view on certain subjects possibly for both of us.

I wouldn't take anything political she had to say personal and if she didn't take anything politically personal I said, future dates would continue.

I agree with Bagel on having different religious beliefs working out while dating (I've been there done that and still doing it). Can't see why being politically opposite would be any different.

Beach Ball Lady Balls likes this.
  9. Asmodean

^
    Well said

10. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

11. Asmodean

12. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

Dont ya know me

13. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Yeah to clarify, I dont think different political beliefs automatically translates to different values. It just depends

Actually this topic always makes me think of an acquaintance of mine . He's a ..:shudder: ...Trump supporter, lol. But oddly enough he probably has more integrity than anyone I've ever known. So that's someone who doesnt think like me politically at all but our values still align

14. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

I think for me a difference in political is generally ok, it's more their attitude towards people and said beliefs is what might put me off (militantly conservative or liberal etc).

15. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

The odd thing is i really don't have any political beliefs. I'm pretty clueless when it comes to politics. Or any other topic i find boring.

It does make it awkward when people talk about politics to me and i'm not sure of how to respond when asked questions about it.

16. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I would not; particularly not right now because we all hear so frequently how we're at odds with one another on the news, in the paper, online/twitter/facebook or whatever else. If it weren't totally in our faces constantly, sure totally no problem at all. But you sort of have your head in the sand if you want that right now.

17. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

It wouldn't bother me. If it did then I'd still be a virgin.

18. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

I'm too old to date anyone...

Pete's Draggin' likes this.
  19. I doubt it but as long as we could look past those differences I'm sure we could make it work. c:

20. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

so basically, because they're working so hard to divide us you have to buy into the divisiveness?

6-eyed shaman and CloudyMushroom like this.