Police hunt poo protesters

Discussion in 'UK Parties and Protests' started by COBALT_Blue, Jan 17, 2005.

1. COBALT_Blue

COBALT_Blue Member

I found this in the Anova news feeds. What a novel way of making your point. Apparently its been driving them crazy over there, its annoyed the USA considerably and even if they catch the cuprits there appears to be nothing much they will be able to do about it - its not against the law...

Police in Germany are hunting pranksters who have been sticking miniature US flags into piles of dog poo in public parks.
    Josef Oettl, parks administrator for Bayreuth, said: "This has been going on for about a year now, and there must be 2,000 to 3,000 piles of excrement that have been claimed during that time."
    The series of incidents was originally thought to be some sort of protest against the US-led invasion of Iraq.
    And then when it continued it was thought to be a protest against President George W. Bush's campaign for
    re-election.
    But it is still going on and the police say they are completely baffled as to who is to blame.

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1248811.html

2. Jaz Delorean

Jaz Delorean Senior Member

haha thanks for that, thats brilliant :D
    i can see something like that really annoying the usa, cos they can't do anything about it! what amazing tactics :p would be funny if it caught on worldwide...

3. COBALT_Blue

COBALT_Blue Member

Yeah good innit. It appealed to my warped sense of humour anyway.
    :)

4. DoktorAtomik

DoktorAtomik Closed For Business

That's absolute fucking genius. Does anyone know where you can buy mini American flags then?

5. DoktorAtomik

Wonder if you can get little plastic huntsmen? That'd be quite funny :D

6. COBALT_Blue

COBALT_Blue Member

LOL Doc I can see you know wandering around the parks looking for fresh doggy turd just to stick your little flags into. Actually its the sort of thing would take off. Bit of a wiffy thankless task though.

[​IMG]

Flag toothpicks , box
    [​IMG]
    Mini flag picks in different nationalities. The nationalities that come in the multicultural packs are australian, American, French, Italian and British.
    [​IMG]
    Pack Qty:</FONT> 500
    [​IMG]
    Price: $8.50 (inc GST) + Shipping
    [​IMG]
    Colour: MulticulturalBritishAustralianGreekUnited States AmericafFranceItalian
    [​IMG]Qty
    [​IMG][​IMG]

http://www.thepartypeople.com.au/products/?c=76

[​IMG]

7. DoktorAtomik

Maybe I'd be better off finding a real huntsman and rubbing their face in it ;)

8. showmet

showmet olen tomppeli

This worries me slightly ... why exactly are the police becoming involved in something which is not against the law? Looks like abuse of police powers for political reasons.

This is such a brilliant idea ... let's all do this, up and down the country! :)

9. COBALT_Blue

COBALT_Blue Member

Don't know why it should worry you unless you live in Germany. See the original news from Ananova ( link posted earlier ). Perhaps if they don't do as the municipal officials say - the shit will hit the fan?

Whatever. It could catch on I guess but I am unsure that I would want to spend my time rummaging around parks turd sniffing.

10. showmet

showmet olen tomppeli

Well neither was I involved in doing it so I wasn't worried about its impact upon me personally. However I am worried about potential abuses of freedom in democratic societies whether or not I live in them...

11. Mui

Mui Senior Member

why didnt I think of that... sticking flags in poo... its genius!

12. DoktorAtomik

Yeah man, I mean you can always duck.... ;)

13. COBALT_Blue

COBALT_Blue Member

Is this where the shit hits the fan?

Just imagine though at the time of the Iraqi war protests if every protester adopted a turd with a little US Flag. Now that would have been inspirational. Lots of lovely turdies all over Europe and around the world festering under the US flag. And the Brit flag come to that. How come we got left out I thought the Germans would have used the British flag too.

Hang on. I got it. They couldn't get the cocktail sticks with the Brit Flag?