Police department(s) in Wisconsin...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Eric50, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Eric50

Eric50 Members

Have decided not to provide security for the democratic convention in Milwaukee next month. They're mad about the decision not to allow them to use pepper stray and tear gas against protesters. The order came from the fire and police commission. Fond Du Lac, Franklin, and West Allis police departments will no longer provide security. (Source: The Daily Beast & Milwaukee Journal Sentinel)

2. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Question: Do they have that prerogative--to decline to provide protection for people they don't like?

3. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

From a political standpoint they think they do... In reality, no they don't.

But we are no longer living in "reality"...

4. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

That's fine they can do what colleges do know which is hire private security that is held to a higher standard. You are going to see a lot less cops from now on at any concert or sporting event. They no longer get that sweet overtime pay. No one wants to risk going viral and looking like they are OK with the cop's behavior.

Do you know how many black people go to public events? I guarantee any college that makes money with their sports has thought of this. They can not have a death.

In the spirit of the GOP a private company will do better than the corrupt goverment (the cops). We don't need them. Private security is armed just as cops are in theory they can kill a man just as fat.

Honestly what do cop apologists think they are bringing to the table?

Now if there was some Democratic/European laws on who can own guns they may have a point. But the American right wing's system is going to bite them in the ass and pass them by.

5. Maccabee

Maccabee Luke 22:35-38

"Private security that are held to a higher standard" HA!!! Outside of nuclear facilities and private contractors (aka mercenaries), you'd be hard pressed to find a security company that has higher standards than police. "How do I know?" You're probably asking. 3 years working in both law enforcement and security, 2 of which includes working as campus security, gives me a bit of insight on this topic. I had more training in a month as law enforcement than I did within the two years working for various security positions and companies.