Poison Ivy BAH!

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by BudToker, May 6, 2007.

1. BudToker

BudToker Senior Member

It's the devil's plants! THE SPAWN OF SATAN IN PLANT FORM! WE NEED TO ERADICATE IT! i had an inch long scratch, washed it with soap and water, 30 minutes later my whole forearm is engulfed...though my allergy meds keep it from itching....BASTARD PLANT!

2. Chaseman80

Chaseman80 Member

living in the sticks of Tennessee im so used to the devil plant that it doesnt even bother me anymore,or maybe im just not allergic lol

3. TheShow

TheShow Senior Member

Marijuanna is the devil's plant. Just ask the preachers

4. mr.greenxxx

mr.greenxxx Not an Average Bear

priest mollest children. id smoke pot anyday than fuck someone who aint even got pubes yet

5. jimaug87

jimaug87 Member

I used to be deathly allergic to poison ivy and I've been hospitalized for having it on my face. After I passed my teens and hit adulthood I am no longer bother by it. If I come into contact with the plant I get a small rash but it's bearable now.

I feel your pain man.

6. TheShow

TheShow Senior Member

musicians, artists, bankers, teachers, corporate officers, fast food workers, need I continue?, all mollest children. What's your point? Does it mean you shouldn't listen to your geography teacher because your math teacher once mollested a preteen child?

7. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

i got some on my toes right meow. very itchy!

8. BudToker

BudToker Senior Member

This is the first time I got it and it spread like wildfire. But I got it undercontrol...thank you steriod cream! lol Got it wrapped up and shit. I need it to go away asap cause I am obviously allergic (seeing as it's an allergic reaction if anyone gets it) and if I'm allergic to something I never buld up immunity, it always jsut gets worse. Plus I'm going to a week long party with my friends and I'd rathe rnot have to deal with this shit while im on shrooms and drinking and smoking weed lol

9. Stella_Drives

Stella_Drives Senior Member

BUY SOME TECNU! Seriously, it washes all of the nasty urushiol oils off your skin. Last summer, my girl and I ended up getting stuck on a flooded trail, forcing us to walk through the woods which were literally COVERED in P.I. And because I didn't want to ruin my birks, I went barefoot. But we washed reeeeall good with some tecnu and didn't get any p.i rash. Tecnu works wonders.

10. BudToker

BudToker Senior Member

never heard of it but I'll give it a try. You know you coulda jsut washed your shoes afterward right? lol

11. Stella_Drives

Stella_Drives Senior Member

Yeah, I didn't take off my shoes because of the PI, it was because there were huggge puddles and mud and such. Thinking back, I'm not sure why I couldn't have just washed them... hmmm... too late now! But yeah, you can buy it in CVS or Walgreens or whatever local pharmacy around you. It's best to use within the first hour of exposure but works up to 24 hours after I think.

12. 40oz and chronic

40oz and chronic 'Nuff Said

"excuse me? i could have swore you said meow"

"Do I look like a cat to you boy? Do you see me jumpin around all..nimbley bimley from tree to tree? Am i drinkin milk from a saucer? DO YOU SEE ME EATING ANY MICE?!"

"hehehehe"

"you stop laughing right meow!"

..."yes sir"

13. pianoperson60

pianoperson60 Senior Member

they dont HAVE poison ivy in Europe (or in GErmany atleast)!!!! isnt that crazy???

but yeah back where I live normally, there is poison ivy, and its itchy.

14. BudToker

BudToker Senior Member

They didn't have the Tec Nu stuff so I used heavy duty laundry detergent which apparently ha s a similar active ingredient lol. Apperentyl unless you get it right away it doesn't actually make it go away but it stops it from spreading because it breaks up the antogens at the surface of the skin that make it spread.

15. Twizz

Twizz Drug Conoisseur

I heard from a dermatologist that poison ivy can't spread from person to person, unless they get it in a cut... I wonder if that's true.

16. jimaug87

jimaug87 Member

Poison Ivy can be spread from person to person if the person with the PI doesn't shower. The 'poison' gets onto your skin, and it will stay there until you shower. Once you shower/swim/ect the residue is washed off your skin so it is safe for someone to touch you.

This is the reason it is possible for someone who is allergic to contract it from animals.

I alwasy just went to the doc and got some steriods and my rashes and blisters (nasty fucking rashes) cleared up in 2-3 days.

17. AncientHippie

AncientHippie Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

P.I. especially sucks if someone is burning it and you breath the smoke.

18. BudToker

BudToker Senior Member

No. The oil form the plants gets in your skin and stays under the skin. So if you just brush against another person it won't transfer (because the skin traps in the oil), but if you scratch the skin then the little barrier it made is now torn down, so if you brush up against someone after you have scratche dyour skin it is quite possible you can tansfer it to them. At least that's my understanding.

19. BudToker

BudToker Senior Member

Since water doesn't wash away oil that is not entirely true. You MUST use a heavy-duty soap (not just water) that can disolve oils (the oil form the plant) and it will come off your skin. That doesn't clear the rash up, but it does help, and takes away the oils and antogens so you don't pass it to others.

The earlier you treat it the better! It spreads like no ones business.

20. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

poison ivy don't really bother me.. i'm always out in the woods or somewhere there is ivy.. and i rub up against it all the time.. it might itch for a minute or two.. but then it passes