Pms

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by SexyDreads, May 9, 2004.

1. SexyDreads

SexyDreads Member

I have really bad PMS. Sometimes right before my period starts I hate everything. I get these very intense feelings, that are really negative and disgusting. I hate feeling this way. Ive talked to my doctor about it, btu she just wants to put me on meds. I dont want to be on prescription meds all my life for bad PMS. Does anyone know any natural ways to calm my bad emotion hormones?

Ive tried intense meditation but it only seems to calm me for a short while afterwards. I try ti keep it under control as much as I can, but then it just starts to hurt. There is such bad energy. Can anyone help?

Thanks so much!
    Peace,
    Jessica

2. Enron

Enron Member

Id love to help but im a guy, despite being totally normal PMS is a very scary and icky issue IMO

3. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

Are you on the pill? It has helped me greatly. It keeps my hormones in check for the most part. I still get a little emotional, but not nearly as bad.

I don't know how you feel about it, but a little "puff" chills me out, too.

4. torz

torz Member

oh love, your not the only one to suffer bad PMS, i hate it and a year are 2 ago it was so bad that i was extreamly violent to my b/f & tried to stab him once.

the doctor tired to put me on allsorts of meds but i'm not one for wanting to take pills all the time.

i have to say weed certainly chills me out & calms me down while on PMS.
    other things that certainly help, try to wear soft comphy <spl>, bright (but not red) clothing, have a walm bath in a morning, listen to chilled out music (panpipes always works for me), when you wake up think of 10 happy thoughs & 10 positive things you can do that day, write them down and refure back to them through out the day & try and carry out you 10 positive things (they could be as simple as SMILE). i tend to drink lots of milk when on PMS this helps for me, and if all else fails, you could always go on the contriception injection.

if your doctor wont help find out about PMS groups & orginisations for your area as they will be able to give you lots of advise & support.

good luck hun x

5. ZePpeLinA

ZePpeLinA Jump around!

I too suffer from really bad PMS. Last time I was so depressed for about three weeks, I was feeling really down and crying over silly things. It's so annoying.
    I used to be on the pill and that made me feel a bit better, perhaps you should consult your doctor for more info.

6. sky_pink

sky_pink er... what's the time?

Are you sure PMS can last 3 weeks? It could have been something else.

7. ZePpeLinA

ZePpeLinA Jump around!

well, i've been under a lot of stress lately, cos of problems at home and things. That made me feel even worse.

8. honeyhannah

honeyhannah herbuhslovuh

I'm glad you wrote this I haven't had much pms after i got on bc but i've been off of it now for a few years and this year and around the end things have been recovering from the past and I've actually just noticed that I've been having serious and obvious pms for the past few months, and today i was just thinking, god i have a headache, my back hurts, my stomach is uneasy, i feel like throwing something, and my boobies hurt, damn it. I realize it is pms. Geeze!

9. Harmony_rain

Harmony_rain Keeper of the Stars

I get really bad PMS as well but i'm finding the birth control is not controling it at all. I get soo emotional its not even funny. I'll cry for hours about nothing sometimes. I'll watch t.v and a commercial will start making me cry. Most of the time the commercial isn't even sad. Is there anything else you guys recommend for PMS?

10. SexyDreads

SexyDreads Member

Well thanks I guess. I never really thought about taking the pill. They had me on it when I was younger, I use to get terribly bad cramps. They sent me to the hospital once. But I dont seem to get them anymore. I just get so emotional. And its a rage I cant explain, and when I know its happening, I get so upset because Im not usually like this, you know? But I have found some herbal treatments online, and I hope to be using some of those quickly!

Peace,
    Jessica

hehe...my boobies hurt too!

11. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

I hope it works for you, as well. Good luck, Jessica

12. kazinspace

kazinspace Member

i herd that chocolate works, but it does make it heavier tho

13. lace_and_feet

lace_and_feet Super Member

EXERCISE! I swear. I normally have really terrible PMS. I feel like a completely different person, I'm sad, jealous, angry, hopeless. It's much like being in a short-term depression. Often times I'll have an emotional or mental breakdown, feeling as if my life is over and nothing will ever improve. Then suddenly my stomach starts to hurt a little, and I know things will be better. Seeing the blood is one of the best, most relieving moments in my life. After that, I feel nearly back to normal again.

Anyway, back to my original suggestion--exercising. The past couple months I have been jogging, my PMS has improved SO greatly. In fact, this month I was almost starting to worry that I was pregnant since I wasn't experiencing my usual premenstrual symptoms. I've felt so much better than I usually do. Get out there and move; it will at least make you feel better.

By the way, I'm on birth control pills and they haven't really affected my PMS. I used to get it just as bad before getting on the pill. The only difference is that, since my periods are more regulated now, so is my PMS.