Pledge of Allegiance Becomes Pledge to Obama

Discussion in 'Conspiracy' started by hippiehillbilly, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Fyrenza

Fyrenza Queen of the Ians

That has GOT to be the most arrogant, snide and insulting post i've read in a long time...

Nice going, Balbus.

p.s. So now "The US is the greatest country on earth" is just another conspiracy theory, since your opinion difers? :rolleyes:

2. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

Wow, 1 teacher in a country of over 300 million people has a giant hard on for Obama and people are crying out it's the new fascism. One of my teachers once had a really big picture of Calvin Coolidge near the flag because he was really fond of him, jesus should I go call the ACLU?

3. pixeewinged

pixeewinged Visitor

4. Aristartle

Aristartle Snow Falling on Cedars Lifetime Supporter

So, you make small children pledge allegiance to a country and yet nationalizing something like a bank or an automaker is a danger?

I find this extremely confusing. I've never pledged allegiance so obediently and regularly like that to my country as a child.

Oh, and I'm not a male, I'm a female.

5. Aristartle

Holy shit. I can't believe you just that. It's Africa's fault Americans had a lucrative slave trade. Wow. Just wow. You are a nasty piece of work, there Fyre.

I can't believe you think that's true. Wow.

6. pixeewinged

pixeewinged Visitor

7. Aristartle

I can't believe how ignorant, classist, and racist that point of view is that you are taking Fyre.

Shame on you. You should know better.

8. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

What you said makes no sense at all. What does pride for one's country have to do with nationalizing banks and automakers? If anything, that is the recipe for a nation's destruction. Where in the Constitution does it permit the government nationalizing banks and corporations?

And for the record, I am not in favor of the mandatory pledge of allegiance. I think it is highly brainwashing, especially at such a young age. Besides, kids today are pledging allegiance to a country that really no longer exists. They are pledging allegiance to the police state and the Nazization of this country. I don't pledge allegiance to anyone or anything, and I think it's wrong to make impressionable children do such a thing as well. So on that point I agree with you.

9. Pressed_Rat

I don't see how what Fyrenza said was "racist." She spoke a few simple facts. The fact is, as she stated, slavery did NOT begin with the US. Slavery has been going on for as long as people existed on this planet, and there was white slavery long before there was black slavery. Black Africans also played a large role in the black slave trade. So why is it considered "racist" to talk about this if it's true? Why are you attacking her and calling her ignorant for simply stating facts?

Did Fyrenza condone slavery or the people who were involved in the slave trade (which included whites as well as blacks)? No, she didn't.

10. Fyrenza

Actually, it was a way of life. Disgusting as it may sound, folks owned land, animals, machinery and slaves, and that was how things were done. Sad, but true.

On the Native Americans ~ do you believe that if we hadn't gotten their land, they would have somehow been able to, what, hide out?, from our diseases? Sorry. No banana. No matter WHO came here, exploring, the diseases would have spread. :(

11. Fyrenza

THIS is what amazes me ^^^

What? We can't say ANYTHING about black folks or we're labeled a racist???

See? You want the truth ~ but only if it agrees with your personal prejudices. :p

12. Aristartle

Pledging allegiance to a nation has a lot to do with nationalization.

In your view, did the USA ever really exist?

13. Pressed_Rat

How? Can you explain what you mean?

14. Aristartle

The truth is, Fyrenza, America's wealth was generated by white folks capitalizing on slaves, and by the exploitation of First Nations' people.

By claiming that "woops, the FN people just happened to get the short end of the stick" is so exceptionally ignorant, it's racist of you to even think that what they went through wasn't any short of hell.

Jesus.

Who the fuck cares who invented slavery? Your country put people through a living hell and you pass that off as if they did it to themselves.

"Americans didn't even slavery." That's the most repulsive excuse for American injustice I've ever heard of. For the millions of lives destroyed, I hope you feel ashamed of yourself.

15. Aristartle

Sure. Its nationalist appeals to the public. Nationalized sentiments of what it means to be a nation.

I'm amused that pledging allegiance to a nation is how Americans feel connected to some... idea that they operate as a nation, and yet when those ideas are materialized into the form of say, a national airline, Americans get their panties in a bunch over nationalized programs, services, etc. as being an inherent evil.

National programs are a good thing as long as they deliver the services that people need and they function well.

16. Pressed_Rat

Look what your country did to the Natives, Aristartle. It's stupid to point the finger at individual nations when they are all guity in some way of committing atrocities.

17. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

America's wealth was generated by alot more then slaves and exploiting indians, much more of was circumstance combined with the world's most powerful and richest mother country. If slaves and abusing indians made countries wealthy just about every country in the western hemisphere would be beyond wealthy, and Brazil would be the world's superpower.

18. Pressed_Rat

Yes, white people are inherently evil, I know.

19. Aristartle

I'm not the one blaming First Nations People for what happened to them upon themselves like Fyrenza is in this thread.

20. Aristartle

No, it was generated on slaves and exploitation.

Insurance on slaves, goods traded and stolen from First Nations' people to sell to Europe was profitable beyond anything.

Sugar, tobacco, corn, wheat, fur, etc. were all profitable because they were markets that were dominated by rich Europeans exploiting the "inferior" races.

Just like the Chinaman laid down the tracks for the great coastal railways, the people that had their land taken from them by Europeans, and the people who were stolen from foreign lands made the United States of America the wealthiest country on this earth.

It's shameful to forget our history. The USA is still the wealthiest country today because it capitalizes on the hundreds of years of interest on loans to poverty stricken countries. Your wealth is garnished by the plight of impoverished people, of failing governments, and exploited peoples around the globe.