Pleasing Everyone...

Discussion in 'Old Hippies' started by ~Sam~, May 9, 2004.

1. ~Sam~

~Sam~ Cosmic Traveler

An old man and a boy taking their donkey to town to sell at the market. The
    boy rode on the donkey and the old man walked. As they went along
    they passed some people who remarked it was a shame the old man was walking and the spoiled boy was riding.

Not wanting to offend anyone and thinking maybe the critics were right, the
    old man and boy changed positions.

Later down the road, they passed some people that remarked, "What a shame, he makes that little boy walk." They then decided they both would walk!

Soon they passed some more people who thought they were stupid to walk when they had a decent donkey to ride. So, they both rode the donkey.

Further down they passed some people that shamed them by saying how awful to put such a load on a poor donkey - and that when they got the donkey to market there'd be nothing left of it to sell.

The boy and man said they were probably right, so they decided to carry the donkey. As they crossed the bridge, they lost their grip on the animal and he fell into the river and drowned.

The moral of the story?
    If you try to please everyone, you might as well... kiss your ass
    good-bye.

Have A Nice Day!

Sam

2. homebudz

homebudz Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Good mornin' Sam,good story...............................................I still like the ols format better ;}>

peace

3. miabubble

miabubble Member

I like it :)

I love these little stories that make you think about life :)

4. AoXoMoXoA420

AoXoMoXoA420 Member

Sam you're amazing.

I have no idea who you really are, how many times you've died or been born, how many names you've had...

but you still continue to inspire me with your posts.

Keep it up,
    -Ben

5. imhip

imhip Member

6. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

I KNOW EVERTHIN,, ALMOST,,,:p

ANNUM, I FIND NO INSPIRATION FROM LIES AN GAMES,NOR DO I FIND WISDOM IN A CUT AN PASTE JOKE...
    OH,, ANN IM HIP..

THEY AINT BUT ONE OLD GOAT HERE.. BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:D

7. AoXoMoXoA420

AoXoMoXoA420 Member

billy you're a goof ball....

and you rock.

8. angelgodiva

angelgodiva Senior Member

SAM! You're Sam again! How are the kids? Please let me know when you receive your cookies from the Kitchen Table--I added you to my cookie list.

9. ~Sam~

~Sam~ Cosmic Traveler

Glad you all enjoyed the post! Kids are great, but rowdy. We all had a discipline lesson this AM, time they learned not to literally Launch themselves at me. They're bigger now and they hurt me with they little hooves.

My horse is here at our farm now, but was delivered in an unaccptable manner. Tim was frustrated with me because I finally told him to shit or get off the pot. In march he told me it would take him two weeks to finish training my horse. As of last Thursday nothing has been done, and I won't waste another moment on Bull Shit. As we were finishing up the pasture fencing, we were standing infront of the barn and here comes Tim down Sam's Hill Rd, with horse in horse trailer in-tow, at about 50 mph. He ran the stop sign at the bottom of the hill, then slammed on his brakes and Mikey was thrown all over the trailer. Not to mention that he got the flu over at Tim's and I was not even called to be told my horse was sick. So... I have a sick horse who was beaten and mistreated. But seeing as though I've been battling the flu myself since Jan., we're fit company for one another until we both recover.

One thing said in Tim's favor... when he handed me Mikey's lead rope, he handed me a check for the amount I had paid him in advance for the training he never did.

Anywho... COOKIES !!! I'll let you know right away when I get them, Angel. I've started to make goat milk butter, and it won't be long before I get to makin' that promised goat milk fudge.

And... I'm Sam. Have been since I was about 4 years old. I have always been myself even when the names were different. I mean, who do you think sat here and typed all those posts? Don't you think that the old Sam needed to die? She spent 8 years sick in bed, barely able to get up and go to the bathroom, vomit and brush her teeth. Last April I was in the hospital. Spent 7 hours on a ventilator. And when I regained consciousness, I pulled it out. Old Sam had to die so that she could learn how to live again. Being on the mountain in my mind, (called Guided Imagery) helped me achieve a level of wellness that I never thought to see again. Now I can get outside, take care of my animals and myself, walk 100 feet these days without running short of breath and be at peace.

I learned an awful lot on that mountain, mostly how to be resonably well And at Peace with the universe. I'm sorry that there are those of you who can't see past your noses and are bound by your own chains of judgement.

I'm also very grateful to those of you who are true free thinkers and have found it within yourselves to forgive this old woman.

With Much Love,

Sam

10. homebudz

homebudz Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

It doesn't matter what other people think.You reinvented your self,experienced growth,and came out okay.You are Xe,Amita,Sam.Out with the old,in with the new.Have a great day Sam I am.Peace

11. ~Sam~

~Sam~ Cosmic Traveler

Back At'cha, Brother Budz!

Sam