Please Read this article.

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by fzliveson, Aug 20, 2005.

1. fzliveson

fzliveson Member

2. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

why is it wrong or ridiculous? its like saying if a kid had a disability which led him to spit on people, they should let him do it because its a disability. disabilities are jsut that dis-abilities, and this kid did not have teh ability to compose himself in a public place. if the kid was kicked out for being disabled it would be one thing, but obviouslyl all teh manager was alerted to was the probably spasmodic screams coming from this child who was, due to his disability, dis able to act in a way that would not impose on other people, who payed to see a film without an imposition.

they refunded the tickets.

what is wrong here? the kid wasnt kicked out for being disabled, he was kicked out for laughing like a disabled person - innapropriately. of course the parent is gonna say the kid was laughing no louder than the other people, hes THEIR CHILD, who they see ALL THE TIME.

but would the manager have gone out of his way to get a disabled kid, who was even in a special section for people with a wheelchairs, just for being disabled? i mean people can be cruel, but not so proactively cruel to ruin a kids day if they werent doing anything wrong.

you cant expect a person who is dis-able, AND a child, to be able to fit in with all parts of society. he has CP for godsake

3. jerry420

jerry420 Doctor of everything Lifetime Supporter

thats a shame

4. Death

Death Grim Reaper Lifetime Supporter

wowness

5. Spastic_Monkey

Spastic_Monkey Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

My little brother's autistic...if a manager tried to kick him out of a theatre for laughing at a movie, while other kids were also laughing, I'd deck the asshole.

6. DuskBreeze

DuskBreeze bye bye !

I think they didn't handle it very well and maybe he should have been allowed a 'second chance'. It wasn't really fair to throw him straight out. However, the parents will probably now also take it too far and probably demand all sorts of apologies and compensation. Isn't that the American way?

7. Colours

Colours Senior Member

I'm gonna go ahead and agree with Bill on this one, guys. Mmk?
    'second chance' they asked his mom to quiet him down first. It was probably people in the theater who complained, anyhow. Its not like that one guy was sitting in the back of theater scheming on how to get the kid kicked out.

8. fzliveson

fzliveson Member

A child who's humiliated for nothing other than being a child deserves apologies.

9. fzliveson

fzliveson Member

It's a fucking kid movie, kids do wacky shit, laugh loud and often annoy people. This family, especially this kid was enjoying himself like he should. Disabled (or truthfully just a kid with CP, I hate the diasabled shit) or not kids behave the same, it's not like he was at a 5 star restaurant or opera for christ's sake. If it was your kid or just a kid u cared about, trust me you'd think different. What's next our aging old parents kicked out too, they regress like children, I'm sure you're aware of that.

10. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

Yea, I'd say the kid deserved another chance. I think the theater will be sorry they did that.

11. Colours

Colours Senior Member

all im saying is you werent in the theater, so dont be so quick to defend his actions.

12. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

you dont have to be in the theater to defend the actions...you dont have to be in anything or anywhere to defend what you think...

if it was my child someone would have definitely gotten an ass beating..

13. mazzy

mazzy Member

since when was there a rule about the correct volume of laughter at a movie?

the last movie i went to, the guy behind me snored the entire time, save for the 10 minutes he spent talking on his cell phone!? laughing...i can handle that...

i mean kids act obnoxious in movies, it happens, regardless of what disability this kid had, he shouldn't have been kicked out, at least he wasn't intentionally bothering other people like the 13-year-olds who throw gummy bears at the screen...