please please please

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by calgirl, Apr 9, 2013.

1. calgirl

calgirl Senior Member

Again, thanks everyone.

It is very hopeful, but I've gotten this far before, and not clinched the job. That is why I'm reaching out for major positive vibes on this one. It's actually one that would be within a comfort zone for me, and hence less stress.

JaredFelix....they sent an itinerary. I'm schedule for 2 1/2 hours to meet with 6 separate people. I need to communicate my knowledge, and not put on a show (that's a pep talk to myself!).

2. lode

lode Banned

Yeah, in my experience, third interviews are just so they can get a look at you before they give you the job. Knock 'em dead.

3. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

one of these days, you'll write a topic title that actually means something.

4. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

Not good for job security. Blowing them up with inspiring insight perhaps.

5. Isadoran

Isadoran Member

I ran a business before so I can give you a few pointers. Some people will not hire you unless you give them a thank you card for granting you an interview. It suks, I know it, but it is just a courtesy that many employees expect these days. Just hand them a card as you leave. Some employees will test you. If you see something fallen on the floor pick it up. I have known some employees to test people that way. Ask questions. They like questions but do not overwhelm them with any either. Try to dress well. Try not to appear to nervous or socially awkward. I would hire a person who has no experience over one who does if they handle themselves in an interview better.

Just recently my son who had no work experience was hired as a cook. Another guy they hired as a bus boy at the same time had gone to culinary school for two years. The busboy appears socially awkward to my son. My son probably got the cook job because he has good social skills. It all depends on how confident you seem.

6. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Indeed, I rather have someone cook me food who has good social skills than someone who can actually cook.

7. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

This post makes me hate and resent the world we live in.
    I don't even know where to start explaining....

8. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

I completely feel the same about it.

9. lode

lode Banned

Just imagine how the guy who eats there must feel.

10. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

With his fingers?

11. calgirl

calgirl Senior Member

My interview went well. They seem to like my answers. Next, they narrow down to a few candidates that will come in again to meet the CEO and some other person. I think I have a very good chance at this one. It would be great to work there.

12. Inca

Inca Member

Imagine those who are interviewing you as naked....then you will have a jolly smile throughout and all nervousness will go ;)

EDIT: Damn, I am too late! Maybe not if they call you in again.

13. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

A thank you card? That's weird. In fact, I asked my boss and the CEO of my company what they would do if someone did that, and they both said that that would be really weird and would lessen someone's chances. They said it would appear as desperation, and would much rather hire someone with more confidence. Said it seems unprofessional.

Did your business make greeting cards?

Sounds like you got it in the bag Cal, good luck with the 4th interview!

14. Inca

Inca Member

Got to agree with the opinion on the thank you card - certainly not practiced in the UK - but regardless it smacks of desperation.

A confident demeanour is everything, no thank you card needed.

15. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

It's retarded, it's basically sucking up.
    Oh God, a thank you card [​IMG]

16. Inca

Inca Member

Just had a thought that if a company/prospective employer want an *ass licker* then it *might* just work :afro: :D

(I edited my post a little to clarify that I don't agree with the thank you card, but do agree with the opinion on it.)