please help!!

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by _DeLiA_, May 19, 2004.

1. _DeLiA_

_DeLiA_ Member

i've been seeing this guy for about a week and im just not into him. we hardly know eachother and i cant be myself around him, like really shy and nervous. i just wanna be friends but i dont know how how to say it. i want to do it through a friend but thats so lame...........

2. Orsino

Orsino Member

you're in your own pit.

Just tell him. If you feel that way you probably shouldn't have started in the first place, but then again, people make stupid moves. And you should always get to know people better. I feel you don't need our help. It's all yours.

3. Sugar Magnolia

Sugar Magnolia Member

yeah don't have another friend do it.then you'll just feel wierd around him afterwards and i'm sure he'd rather hear the truth from you anyway. you just need to tell him that you don't have feelings for him like that but you still want to be friends. i don't think there's any easy way to say it. you'll feel better after you tell him and then you two can continue your friendship.

4. SunFree

SunFree Member

Are you sure that you wouldn't feel differently about him if you got the chance to know him better? Maybe he doesn't feel comfortable yet, and needs to still get used to you before he can be himself, and then you'd feel better too.

But if you're sure that is just isn't working and won't make you happier, then of course end it. Easier said than done. But don't chicken out and have a friend do it, or just stop talking to him. Just say something like, I'm sorry, but we just aren't getting along together like this.

Or something. But there's really no nice way to do it. :(