Please help with Katrina efforts

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Starr, Sep 7, 2005.

1. Starr

Starr Member

Its been a while since Ive posted on here...and let me say its good to be back. This place has a spirit of community like no other I know of, so I thought I would post and ask for you help on behalf of the hurricane victims.

I live in Alabama, and the reality of what happened in Louisiana is hitting hard here, even though we managed to make it through the initial storm ok. I dont know how much of the rest of the nation is paying attention though...the disaster seems to be downplayed now that some relief has arrived in New Orleans. The fact of the matter is that people STILL need help...and they will need help getting their lives back together for MONTHS to come.

So please help. Donate blood. Donate money. Take some clothes that you no longer wear to your local shelter. No donation is too small. The entire southeast is trying to cope with the displacement of thousands of people...we need help. Thank you.

2. heron

heron Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

What about MIssissippi, why do you all keep forgetting mississippi?

My best friend lost his home, his car, his books, clothes, food,
    everything they got for their coming baby the day before the storm
    hit, everything!

Like corporate labeling, the name brand city gets all the attention.