Platonic Relationships

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by FreeSpirited420, May 22, 2004.

1. FreeSpirited420

FreeSpirited420 Member

bump!bump!!

2. FreeSpirited420

FreeSpirited420 Member

Do you all find it weird that my "best friend" called his girlfriend my name, instead of her own?

He's done this 4 times, apparently.

I think he secretly loves me, he's just afraid to admit it.

Oh woe is me. The on going battle.

3. akhc

akhc Member

Your best friend's name isn't Ross is it?

On topic.. I have been in a similar situation in the past.. I guess the question is whether that good friend would make a good partner as well. In my case I think we both knew that we were to similar and would probably lead to a breakup. Thing is we didn't ever discuss it.. we both just knew instinctively.. even if there was a sexual frisson between us when we talked :).

We also famously spent 8 weeks one summer travelling the US together.. this when we both were in relationships. For 8 weeks we shared the same bed.. fought over who would get the duvet at night (single duvet for double bed) and probably saw bits of each other we shouldn't have seen! It wasn't all rosy.. being too alike (read strong-willed) we did go through a rough patch during that trip but we both lived through it!

She's now married and we don't see each other often.. but we still love each other's company when we get the chance to meet up. And we're still great friends! Sometimes it is better not to mess with friendship!

4. FreeSpirited420

FreeSpirited420 Member

It should be though!! :)
    That's a great story. I'm glad you guys still talk. :)

5. HippieFlowerGirl67

HippieFlowerGirl67 Banned

I feel your pain. I've loved my best friend for six years now and was hoping something would happen between us since at one point we were messing with each other and then we decided to stop. Now since my bf came along I really wanna know how he's doing and what not and maybe see if we can get together or something....