planting near poison ivy?

Discussion in 'Cannabis Outdoors' started by Sarombi, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Sarombi

Sarombi Member

My friend planted right near (not touching maybe 4 feet off or more) pioson ivy is the poison ivy pollen gonna get in the bud and make it bad or what please respond

2. cotter builds

cotter builds Member

no...poison ivy oil is what causes irritation....just make certain it doesnt overgrow anything and dont burn it to dispose of it. if you burn it...youll get it wicked hard all over you and in your airway and all....also with poison ivy make certain whatever comes in contact with it gets washed. the oils of poison ivy can remain active on clothing for months.

also are you absolutely certain its poison ivy and not virginia creeper or wild rasberry?

3. rangerdanger

rangerdanger Senior Member

Some people are severly allergic to poison oak/ivy.

E#er hear about people who are so allergic to peanuts they can get violently ill if they smell peanut butter? Some people can get a rash simply by being near poison ivy/oak.
    And all parts of the plant are toxic, even the roots.
    And like cotton said, NEVER BURN IT.

My friend and I spent a day clearing brush at a remote site we intended to grow in. We didn't know it, but some of the dead dried brush was poison oak and we both got it so bad it was in our blood and rashes were popping up everywhere. We had to go to the hospital, get a shot and take steroids to get rid of it.