planing a rave

Discussion in 'Events and Festivals' started by deadonceagain, Jan 8, 2005.

1. deadonceagain

deadonceagain mankind is a plague

anyone got some ideas of how to plane a rave and how to get people to go

2. Peace Attack

Peace Attack Make War

Fliers are your best bet. Make a bunch and pass them out. Also word of mouth, tell everyone you know and tell them to pass it on.

3. tiki_god7

tiki_god7 Member

book a cool band

4. Spacer

Spacer 'Enlighten yourself'

It's it a rave I presume they'll be getting djs.

5. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

be careful how you promote it. "raves" are outlawed in many areas of the US. Dance party, private party, and such might be better. LEARN THE LAW! both state and local.
    be prepared for the police to stop in. It's best to let 'em walk through. tell everyone that you will cooperate with them. post on the flier that no illegal substances or underage drinking will be tolerated. and make at least a token show of that.

6. Crystaleyez

Crystaleyez Member

Yeah it'd prolly be good to hire a couple security guards. My friend throws raves he gives them all names like,'whorefrost' or 'firedance' and doesn't advertise them as raves. He books different djs and dancers. He usually throws them in a rented wearhouse or something. You'll need a good size wad of cash to start out and alot of people willing to pitch in for a free ticket. Honestly' you will be lucky to break even the first rave you throw. If you want people to come you have to book at least semi well known djs and promote promote promote.
    write PLUR on the flyers it stands for peace love unity and respect.
    How does the other one go? No thugs no drug positve vibes only or something like that.

7. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Find some underground DJ's... they'll usually play for free if you can promise the venue'll be big enough...

If you Really dunno anybody who can DJ, just get a turn table with some bass and have somebody play some Tiesto or somethin.

We threw an Underground a couple months ago... we just found a nice place by a lake about 20 miles away from austin... had a couple friends Dj'ing, and only about 30ish people, but it was one of the best partys I've ever been to.

8. Zeke

Zeke Member

Rave's go down like this, You book a DJ and a huge venue. Print out flyers that have directions to a "way station" have a bouncer there that is charging for the maps Maps will get you from the way station to the rave. Have a few security guards and some EMS people on hand in case some one takes to much of somthing. Then take some X and enjoy your party.

9. Aurora23

Aurora23 Member

Ok, I throw raves in Arizona all the time.. you book a few dj's.. set up there times.. about an hour each.. get your sound system guys, and turn tables.. your lighting guys.. and a venue.. make flyers, I suggest at least a month in advance.. then go to every party before yours and hand out flyers like crazy.. and my motto is $5 a stage!!! In AZ you get at least 200 people a party!!! I don't know where you are so be careful!!!!! You have to pay sound, and venue.. in AZ we have lots of desert so we pay about $50 for a generator per stage!! FUN TIMES

10. Gurkadurk

Gurkadurk Member

I wanna go. Where is it?

11. talleywacker

talleywacker Member

I used to run a couple nights at a club here in my home town but beware!!!!!!
    i suggest you read up on the R.A.V.E. act. they now hold any venue owner/promotions owner/production company liable for any narcotics arrests occurring at your party. recently federal prosecutors in New Orleans filed criminal drug charges against a party promoter and shut down a nightclub because of stupidity. i cant remember where i found the entire guide but you should try searching at www.dancesafe.com or possibly www.bluelight.nu
    also personally, in my home town if there is a guestlist at the door then the party can bump till 6am. check your local john law office to find out your local guidelines. good luck my man
    PLEASE be careful
    the only thing we need is another innocent music lover in jail not really!
    Later man
    Brad