Places that test...

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by goobyman, May 22, 2004.

1. goobyman

goobyman Member

So I am not sure if anyone here will know for sure or not.. but I have an interview with Blockbuster Video... and I know they ask if you are willing to submit a drug test and what not but that doesn't always mean they will.. So... if anyone here knows... let me know.

These are the times when I hate the fact I am a smoker.

2. LuciferSam

LuciferSam Member

I dunno... one workplace asked me in their application whether I'd submit to a polygraph (lie detector) test, and they've never given me that. That's all I know.

3. EllisDTripp

EllisDTripp Green Secessionist

The Blockbuster near me has one of those signs on the door stating:

Now we can all understand the grave risk to public safety if the guy who rents you a copy of "Half Baked" or "Up In Smoke" likes to smoke a joint when he gets off work, right? :)

One more reason to boycott those assholes, as if the CEO's right-wing politics, destruction of independent businesses, and corporate censorship policies weren't bad enough...

http://bbv0.tripod.com/bbbv.html

4. Velouria

Velouria Member

My mom keeps telling me to apply at Target but I know they drug test. And they send you the results in the mail. Wouldn't THAT be a nice surprise for mom and dad to open...

5. LuciferSam

LuciferSam Member

Hehe that reminds me of when I was looking for my first job, Target was one of 'em... when my dad saw their drug test policy he was like, "No you sure don't wanna apply here..."

6. garf12

garf12 Member

bad bad bad news, I've been told that the parent company that owns blockbuster is a heavy investor in a lab company that specializes in hair tests. So they do hair tests on all employees. This means longer detection period.

"(BlockBuster Video uses the most up-to-date equipment, and passing such a test can be difficult). It takes several months of precleansing to beat the tests given by Psychemedics."

Taken from - http://www.hempfiles.com/faqs/drugtestfaq.shtml

You can do a google search for drug test blockbuster for some other pages that also talk about this.

7. NightShadow

NightShadow Member

8. goobyman

goobyman Member

Nightshadow... does that stuff work?

Like.. have you used it... or have a personal friend YOU know use it... ?

9. RedStar

RedStar Member

i dont know for sure but i'm pretty sure most people at my local blockbuster are stoned the whole time they're there.
    also, a lot of job applications will ask you "can you pass a drug test." Always say "YES" actually its the truth.. given the lack of context for the question.. given enough time or proper preparation, anyone can pass a drug test :)
    one guy who applied to the restaurant i used to work at said "no" and , of course didnt get hired although most of us waitors were out back passing bowls.

10. 7leafclover

7leafclover Member

I do know that the blockbusters around me drug test all of their employees. I don't know about the hair test but I know they test somehow.

11. nitemarehippygirl

nitemarehippygirl Senior Member

i've worked at a blockbuster video just last year.... no test, no nothing. i think that generally, they don't bother. i mean, if you tell them you're willing to be tested, that's kind of enough of a test.

then again, i live in canada so maybe things are different where you're from. anyways, couldn't you just go for it anyways, and when they're actually like "okay! time for your drug test!" just be like, "oh... sorry, i find that to be a breach of privacy", or something, and take off. no skin off your back, right?

12. reef

reef Member

a lot of people say they test just to scare people away.
    a lot of times they won't test you, but that's not to say for sure.

plus im sure if you were applying to blockbuster, you could easily fool them by swaping with a friend that would go into the store with you.

13. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

lol i applied for blockbuster recently i hope they dont test...

14. midnighttoke

midnighttoke Member

haha what always gets me is that places like blockbuster and target give u drug tests, while you dont get any drug tests as a lifeguard. I mean wouldnt you think lifeguarding would be a job where they probably should test you, but I'm not complaining.