Pizza

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms' started by fairfield, Aug 23, 2005.

1. fairfield

fairfield Member

Mushroom season is uppon us!! Usually me an my mates just brew up the shrooms an drink the juice but this year i want to try making a pizza with the mushrooms. Ive read in quite a few different debates online that heat destroys the good stuff in the shrooms so does that mean the cooking of the pizza will fuck the shrooms up making the whole idea useless? Has anyone made pizza with shrooms an succesfully got a trip from it?

2. Blind_Melon_Chitlin'

Blind_Melon_Chitlin' Member

Order or bake a pizza and then put the shrooms on it when it has cooled enough to eat.

3. Ranchero

Ranchero Member

cooked some a while ago with a steak and normal mushrooms and had gravy with it and the whole shebang didnt seem to affect the shroom buzz at all so i say go ahead and try it

4. fairfield

fairfield Member

Excellent! goin for some shrooms sometime this week. I might even go up an get some today. Funghi pizza anyone?

5. mushie18

mushie18 Intergalactic

heat destroys psilocybin..so, don't bake it yourself.

6. fairfield

fairfield Member

Yeah so ive heard but i wondered about this. If thats the case then how can we boil them in water and still trip?

7. Jack_Straw2208

Jack_Straw2208 Senior Member

because water boils at 100 degrees, psilocybin breaks down at 200 or something...

or not... i THINK i read that somewhere...

but yeah, put the mushrooms on the pizza when its done cooking, put some cheese over them, then put the pizza back in the oven (with the heat off), wait till the cheese melts, then you're good to go.

8. fairfield

fairfield Member

It would probably easier and quicker that way anyway cheers guys.

9. krysty

krysty Guest

I like mushrooms very much.

10. Octopus.Tenticals

Octopus.Tenticals Member

I have always made spaghetti, when the sauce is done I take one portion to a smaller sauce pan. Put the single dose in with the single portion and cook it down as little as possible, serve and eat. I don't get as many visuals cooking with them, but an incredible body high!

11. PsychonautMIA

PsychonautMIA Chimps gonna chimp

I forget but you can bake the mushrooms at a low heat. Although it does kill off some of the psilocybin it should still be a decent trip. It's on Shroomery somewhere, i say Tea is the best method.

12. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

Aside from the heat destroying the active ingredient and making your trip weaker, there is the even bigger problem of stuffing yourself with pizza when what you really want is the active ingredient. Your stomach now has to process 100x as much raw material before it can get to the good stuff, meaning you are really diluting your experience.

13. Grainpsilo

Grainpsilo Member

There are two main chemicals in mushrooms ; 1) Psilocin and 2) Psilocybin

Psilocin is the chemical that makes you trip (and the chemical that causes the bluing reaction when you bruise the mushroom) while Psilocybin is converted by your body into Psilocin when you ingest it.

One of the major differences between the two chemicals is Psilocin is a delicate chemical and breaks down very easily when heated while Psilocybin is a more robust chemical and resists breaking down when heated. This means cooking mushrooms on a pizza (or making tea....ect) will break down the Psilocin in the mushroom but with leave the Psilocybin intact which will convert to Psilocin when you ingest the pizza and you should trip balls.

14. Otacon132

Otacon132 Member

i really just chop them all up with a knife or scissors - put them in some cold water and down the hatch they go!!!

wont even taste much really.

15. Grainpsilo

Grainpsilo Member

I agree

Best to do them on a empty stomach and with as little "extra" stuff mixed with it as possible. I have always liked to grind them up and pack them into capsules. Nothing in my stomach to slow the uptake of the magic except a cup of hot tea to wash down the capsules. 20 minutes to liftoff.

16. Delta 9 The Psychonaut

Delta 9 The Psychonaut Member

This I have done, me and buddy just put them under the cheese on a pizza. I felt like my experience wasn't as strong. I recommend just chewing them up or grinding them like other people have suggested. I never liked mushroom tea though.

17. Legocy

Legocy Member

I just had some on pizza last week, Heat will destroy it, but if you make sure its not right out of the oven or just delivered your fine. We got the pizza, and waited 30 minutes (mainly cause we went smoking) but then we ate the pizza with em, and tripped just fine