Pizza for a hangover..........

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by laugh2, May 14, 2004.

1. laugh2

laugh2 Member

Here's the best part of curing your hangover... eat pizza. The secret is in the sauce. Tomatoes are high in vitamins B and C, the body's primary antioxidant nutrient. This is why tomatoes are a common ingredient in many hangover remedies such as Bloody Mary's. Tomatoes also contain potassium, a mineral that is lost while you're whizzing. Low levels of potassium can contribute to the DT's you're feeling.

In addition to tomatoes, try a banana for potassium or get yourself a can of V8. We've also heard a lot of buzz around strawberries. Eat about 10 fresh strawberries- in addition to minerals and vitamin C, strawberries contain significant amounts of the antioxidant lycopene.

Also, water, water and more water. Gatorade or any of the popular sports drinks also helps me greatly the morning after.

2. Althea

Althea Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Another tip is honey! I know it sounds weird, but a TB. of honey before you crash will really help ya the next day. The fructose in the honey will help to flush out the alcohol in your system. My mom told me about it a few years ago and I'll be damned if it didn't work!

3. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

That sounds like an interesting remedy for a hangover, granted it's a mild one and you're not too nauseous or puking.

4. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

I had heard about the fructose thing..........damn, around 91 I gues...time sure flies....but I was unaware honey was fructose.....that is glad tidings.

5. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

I have the best cure for a hangover....don't get drunk.

6. StellaBlue

StellaBlue Senior Member

My sentiments exactly.

7. crummyrummy

you know I aint been drinking lately, and I have noticed a correlation.

8. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

I haven't had a drink or a drug in 18 years.

9. crummyrummy

um...I cant say that. Some day I will say that about the drug part, but I doubt it on the alcohol. you never know though...I once thought I would neve quit eating acid or smoking pot...There was a time when I positive I couldnt quit using meth!!!!!!

10. hiro

hiro pursue it

While all of this was very useful I think I will just stay away from drinking so much that I get drunk.

11. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

I dislike pizzas.

12. laugh2

laugh2 Member

Good for you Old Hippie. But I like to drink once in a while. I'm sorry we can't all be as high and mighty as you. I don't know how many times you've posted that you haven't had a drink in bla bla years. Sounds as if you need one. And that's really cool that you think you look like Jerry.

13. alex714

alex714 To the Left

i never really get hangovers... one time i did, and man did i ever... i felt SO sick the next morning, and felt like there was a drum band playing in my head...

14. Mr MiGu

Mr MiGu King of the Zombies

gatoraides usually been my choice

ill try that tomatoe trick when they start growing

15. beachbum7

beachbum7 Lookin' for any fun

I don't think I've had a hangover, but someone told me the best remedy for a hangover was bread and water. I don't think I took her advice.

16. FreakyJoeMan

FreakyJoeMan 100% Batshit Insane

Funny, 'cause it's my personnal rules that you should always eat pizza with beer.

17. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

i dont really get hang-overs but i always like to drink a big glass of v8 after drinking. makes me feel better.

18. Dolphin~Rider

Dolphin~Rider Member

I don't need another reason to eat pizza. LOL <as she stuffs her face>

19. BigBong

BigBong Member

haha... good call out.. i have notice this too..

anyhoo, thanks for the info.. I usually drink a big glass of orange juice or grapefruit juice in the morning if i feel a little uneasy..

20. Dolphin~Rider

Dolphin~Rider Member

I think OldHippie is pretty good-looking. Who wouldn't want to look like Jerry? Are you guys just jealous?