Pipes in amsterdam

Discussion in 'Amsterdam' started by Teeka, May 21, 2004.

1. Teeka

Teeka Member

Has anyone tried to brung pipes back from Amsterdam that has not been smoked out of. Is it better to mail them back. I am going to be going at christmas time and want to bring some pipes back for gifts.

2. marko

marko Member

You should not have any problems bringing back pipes - providing they are unused.

They are for novelty purposes only and as such are just souvineers.
    The only thing you may fall foul of is if the value of the pipes exceeds the monetary value of what you are legally able to bring back into the country - even if this happens all you will have to do is pay the import tax.

Hope this helps

3. Zeppelingirl

Zeppelingirl Member

I just got back from Dam in the last week of April. Don't bother trying to take a pipe home, even if you say you will be not using it for illegal purposes. Believe me, it will be confiscated before you can even protest.

4. SyZyGy

SyZyGy Member

whta about an unused vaporizer?

5. mafuman

mafuman Banned

I think you will be fine. Customs may or may not go thru your luggage. It is not a given. I don't think customs has ever gone thru my luggage and i go to amsterdam at least once a year. I have seen dogs though, at newark, in canada and at JFK; they were in the customs or immigration area (can't recall exactly).

In conclusion: i say go for it as long as you dont use it.

6. dhs

dhs Senior Member

Well, you must be lucky as my bags were gone through twice when leaving amsterdam and I'm a clean cut regular looking guy. My question for the starter of this thread is why? The pipes that you can purchase in Amsterdam are no different or better then ones available in the states.

7. mafuman

mafuman Banned

actually, Lucky is my middle name

8. tha_chiefs

tha_chiefs Member

I would say. Just for the hell of it. Try and make it a pipe without a weedleaf or that says cannabis.. You know the regular. The only reason is that YOU then won't be hastled. (however TF you write that)...

Otherwise just order them through the internet. Less Hastle. Keep in mind however a bong is a Federal Offense in the USA. A cigarette smoke filtering device iSNOT.

Online check Self Hemployed, Funky Farmers or Sensi Seeds or something they all sell em.

9. Old Hippie Dave

Old Hippie Dave Member

I'v brought back pipes every time I went
    to sell at the Shack
    the last time 24 I bought at the W market
    In all the times I went I have never been serched
    and I'm an old hippie looking dood

OHD

10. DSPSYSSTS

DSPSYSSTS Member

Getting them out of Holland will be no trouble at all, getting them into your choice of destination may have its problems if you are pulled by customs.

Some parts of the good ol USA are disturbingly draconian with regard to this kind of thing...didn't Tommy Chong do time for selling pipes?..check with your final destination and their laws.

11. Woog

Woog Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

They went through our suitcases really thoroughly
    last year. I've got long hair but they were checking
    everybody.

12. MelvnDoo

MelvnDoo Member

when i came back from europe a couple of years ago, i had a HUGE bubbler and another little dolphin-spoon in my backpack (carry-on). when on the plane going to chicago, they make you fill out a customs form, writing down detailed descriptions of what you´re bringing in. since my pipes were totally clean, i wrote them down on the form: "two pipes - glass" is exactly what i wrote.

after i got on the plane and showed customs my passport, it was like i was already outside. i mean that literally, too. i got through there so fast and w/o troubles.

and i´ve got dreads and a beard, too, so i´m not exactly the most innocent looking character out there (as sad as that is to say)

just treat it like no big deal cause you´re not really doing anything illegal by carrying clean glass pipes on you (as long as you´re 18 for being in the US)

13. Old Hippie Dave

Old Hippie Dave Member

I had on that form a detail list of every thing I bought listed the pipes as tobacco pipes
    the list was so long i had to use 2 pages
    when i got to the man he looked at me kinda pissed and said next time just put down souvenirs and the total cost you don't have to list everything seprate. It was funnie shit cause I thought I was in troubel. then all he sez is move along

OHD

14. Chillski

Chillski Member

i was just about to post the same question when i found this post. i plan on doing the same exact thing u are buying a vaporizer and a bong (probably a few other things to) but i cant spend 300 dollars on a vaporizer and than have them confiscate it from me at the airport (and they ALWAYS check me). so i figure that i'll wrap up whatever i buy very very well w/ bubblewrap, than fit my bong or whatever it is into a small enough box where it is a tight fit. than i'll put that box into another box and ship it that way. is this safe tho, i have no idea how the post office checks what there sending.