Pingu

Discussion in 'TV' started by SweeperOfDreams13, May 8, 2004.

1. Silent Jay & The

Silent Jay & The Member

i don't think that pingu is really dangerous for kids. maybe it is more dangerous to hide kids. if they learn to handle with violence they can choose if they want it or not. this doesn't mean that you should not watch over your kids TV programm but i think there are badder things on TV than Pingu.

2. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

Silent Jay & The Sheep~do you have any kids? there's more than enough violence in this world that i can use as a teaching tool to show my kid how terrible violence is. i dont need to deliberately expose him to more of it. bleh.

3. Silent Jay & The

Silent Jay & The Member

Thats right. Ok I don't have kids but I knew quite a few that had grown up without violence in TV. Now they are the baddest guys around. I for one hated violence when I was young - I even hated Popey and that things but I loved Pingu.

And I don't want to piss you off... of course.
    I mean maybe I decide to teach my (future) kids this way... I just don't know.

But pingu is so cute... I still love watching it today... :)

4. han_tigger

han_tigger Member

I used 2 watch this 2, mad an quite funny, educational? not quite so sure!

Hannah.

5. floopadelic

floopadelic Member

Pingu is fabulous, a really fab production, making something so simple expressive and engaging :)

I love the idea that it promotes violence though - as far as I know there has been no increase in drive-by fish-slappings in my neighbourhood, although I have seen a couple of tough-looking seals hanging around street corners trying to sell 'haddock'.