Pingu

Discussion in 'TV' started by SweeperOfDreams13, May 8, 2004.

1. SweeperOfDreams13

SweeperOfDreams13 Member

Now that's some trippy shit.
    Anyone else know of this show?

2. charredacacia

charredacacia Member

never heard of it. what is it?

3. SweeperOfDreams13

SweeperOfDreams13 Member

Well, it's an animated kids show. Made with clay. And it's about this penguin who beats his baby brother down, and speaks complete jibberish (actually, I've heard that it's a mix of many different languages).
    It's real crazy, you have to see it.

4. thepixies

thepixies Member

that is my favourite programme of all time, and they talk like blouw blouw blah blee blouw

5. We_All_Shine_On

We_All_Shine_On Senior Member

I LOVE Pingu!!! FUCK yeah! When he cries, I cry too! how can you not? and the friggin seal, oh man, pingu's tall friends, and when he's like HONK HONK and his beak goes huge! fuck yeah, thats the juice of life man.

6. We_All_Shine_On

We_All_Shine_On Senior Member

am i the only one that cries?lol

7. Alomiakoda

Alomiakoda Boniface McSporran

8. SharyBobbins

SharyBobbins QPR Football Fan

Pingu Rocks! It used to come on sundays on Cartoon Network.

9. ImaPeach

ImaPeach Member

Pingu rocks my world! My nephews have it on video and I make them watch it with me whenever I babysit!!

10. vanilla

vanilla Member

My 'kids' love it! In a country where English is not the official language, "pingu' has became the known name for penguin.

11. Thethirdbenjamin

Thethirdbenjamin Member

I watched it once during communication tech/multimedia class, i thought my teacher went mad, the reason why he wanted us to watch it is to see what kind of claymation can be produced.

Anyway i think its not so much that its aired for little children its more about how the producer wanted to produce something a little more unique then a typical hand drawn 2D animation.

unlike other claymations pingu has a good frame rate, i've watched other claymations that where vary choppy, when i mean choppy i mean the animation moved from one frame to another in a matter of microseconds, to fast.

In terms of claymations pingu is pretty good, that and chicken run

12. Silent Jay & The

Silent Jay & The Member

Pingu is the greatest. Even greater than Wallace & Gromit. I love both. But Pingu is still greater!

13. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

i cant stand pingu

it's so violent

i cant believe i used to like that crap when i was a kid. i wont allow it in the house now.

14. Sebbi

Sebbi Senior Member

Dude that guy swears ALOT

15. bellystar

bellystar Member

That's great! Just last week I asked my preschool group if they know of the show, but they don't!!!!! Is it still around, really!?! You just made my day!

16. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

i'm glad to hear that your preschool group hasnt heard of it. it's so violent!! not suitable for young kids to watch at all.

17. Silent Jay & The

Silent Jay & The Member

Nothing for kids? C'm on! It is the best.

18. Ellis

Ellis Member

Yeah, I love Pingu!!!

19. bellystar

bellystar Member

Hmmmmmm...I guess I haven't seen it in awhile. I can't remember it being violent! But anyways, I loved it growing up. I think I was talking about penguins with the children and Pingu came into mind. None of them had seen it though, so I'd assumed it wasn't around anymore.

20. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

i didnt remember pingu being violent either. i saw a tape at the library and thought that it would be great for my 2 yr old to watch. popped the tape in the vcr and about 3 minutes in, it got really vioent. papa pingu was spanking little pingu, there was gratutitous slapping with fishes. then i turned it off. i dont want my little pingu being exposed to crap like that. we're nonviolent around here.