Pimples... :(

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by Sugaree13, Jul 5, 2006.

1. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Aspirn scrubs can be as often as alternating days. it's really an exfoliant, but the compound in asprin allows oily solids to break up (it's also used for dandruff)
    I find that 3-4 x a week is pushing it, but i'm probably older than you by a good bit. (my kid is almost 15)

Ghost of ruins, tea tree is melaleluca oil. I found an academic research point:

http://www.tto.bcs.uwa.edu.au/

2. Ghost of ruins

Ghost of ruins Member

@drumminmama thank you for the link. very good information.. reading the text i remembered i've once heard somebody speaking about "Teebaumöl". But didn't know anything about it. Seems to be a very useful medicine...

3. May Aizelle

May Aizelle Member

I use tea tree oil NOTHING worked for me always had hellishly annoying acne but now its allllll good lol.... thanks to mystik lilac :D

4. sweetdreadlover

sweetdreadlover TattooedRainbowGurl

only thing that works for me is tea tree oil soap by dr bronners..although i do have some pretty bad acne scars from using commercial products and am still trying to foind a way to get rid of them,.

5. The Smiling Frog

The Smiling Frog Member

Gee Hippio you're rude!

Anyway I still have acne and I'm almost 30. I saw somewhere on tv that acne can be caused by a food allergy to milk and I guess it's fairly common. I have noticed that since I have been drinking a lot less milk I have had a lot less acne.
    I have tried almost every acne thing there is, chemical and natural and nothing has helped for long.

I used Proactive for a while and it worked very well, but it made my face raw. I couldn't go outside my face burned. Plus it bleached my pillows out. My problem is I have dry skin and the dryer it is the more acne I get. That's what I can't figure out. So you don't have to have greasy skin to get zits.

6. blueberryswirl

blueberryswirl Member

Maybe try something from the Dermalogica range. Some day spas/beauty therapists who stock it will analyse your skin and draw up a face map for you, and work out what products will best suit your skin. I had this not done not too long ago when I went to have a facial and the products they recommended were really helpful for my acne. It costs a little bit extra, but its worth giving something like that a go if u can cos it might make all the difference.
    Another thing you could try doing is go for the occasional facial every now and then for a deep cleanse. Again, its a bit more expensive but if u only go occasionally it wont eat into your budget too much and it can also be a bit of a pampering treat for yourself as well!

7. oshinn

oshinn Member

i had the same thing happen... i started getting zits about 3 years ago at the age of 19. i found out now that i have borderline polycystic ovary syndrome, and looking at my other symptoms around the time i started getting acne it seems to fit. so if you have irregular periods or anything... see a doctor... it may be the cause. not to overreact, but i've been trying to get rid of zits for three years, and now i figure out it has a hormonal cause. go figure.

8. lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky Tie Dyed Soul

frig i've been dealing with it BADLY since i was 8. Who is 8 with a mad case of pimples? That is 14 years and I've never found anything that works except proactive...and im ALLERGIC TO IT!

i fucking hate my skin like no one understands. sometimes i wish i could just burn it off! I know there's a pill you can take...i dont know what it's called...that works wonders too but it lessens the effectiveness of birth control and it makes your skin burn like crazy in the summer. I don't take it because it causes MAJOR deformities in unborn fetuses so who knows what it's doing to us inside. no thanks...scares me too much.

my next product to have a go at is dr bronners tea tree oil which i ordered through a local store here & am waiting to receive. hopefully that works.

by the way.......the reason dry skin gets acne as well is because your skin is sensing the dryness and is producing more sebum (which is your body's natural moisturizer) but it gets stuck in your pores rather than coming out...or something gross like that. I have that problem too, except my skin gets dry....then i get really really eggs in butter greasy, then i get pimples...but the dry skin is still there. What the hell is that?

9. Miss_Beatle

Miss_Beatle Beatlemaniac

Oh i have pimples badly, and I've also tried all kinds of stuff. Nothings really worked amazingly, but try Avon's acne treatment, my mom sells AVON and started buying that stuff for me a while back, it doesn't work miracles, but it helps more than anything else I've tried.

And i am the QUEEN of dry skin. Seriously, its horrible. Especially after i get out of the shower, my skin is so dry for hours. For dryness, i recommend OLAY moisture lotion. Again, it doesn't work miracles, but it helps me, and if it can help moisturize my skin, it can help moisturize anyone's.

10. cricketlind

cricketlind Member

Have any of you tried the 20 Mule Team fix for acne. Yeah, good old fashioned borax mixed with your favorite facial soap as a cleansing scrub. You don't have to scrub hard with it. But the borax softens the water and allows the soap, whatever kind you like, to actually get down in there deep and clean out the gunk. It also makes your skin baby soft. Borax dissolves grease too. It does NOT over clean your skin. I have very dry flaky skin and it just leaves it soft and silky. I am a grandma and yes I still get bouts of acne. I try to use the borax/soap blend once a week or so and it helps to keep breakouts to a minimum. By the way I do not LOOK like a grandma. Except these days I am showing my age a little more.

Of course, DIET plays the most important role. Lots of fresh fruits and veggies and lots of pure water are most important. My worst zits were when I worked in fast food as a teen and recently. All that grease on my skin and eating there caused major breakouts. If your tap water tastes nasty. Get a filter pitcher or tap filter that screws on. You can spend the dough on clean water and good food or on acne products.
    Your choice.

But really do try the Borax as I can attest to 34 years of good clear skin with only a few major breakouts and that was when I couldn't find 20 Mule Team Borax in the store.

Peace and clear skin to all, Cricket

11. Sparrow

Sparrow Member

Cut a slice of fresh garlic and rub it on the pimple a couple times a day. Most pimples will disappear within the day. And it leaves no scar!

12. *°GhOsT°LyRiC°*

*°GhOsT°LyRiC°* Supporters HipForums Supporter

I never had acne as a teen, but i got it bad when i was in my earlier 20's, and I tried everything! I mean, I even would take tons of certain vitamins, buy all kinds of stuff, nothing worked. then I found something that DID. Cleansing your face with Cetaphil (it also has an equate brand, just as good cus its not THAT cheap) with OUT water, you just apply on to your face then wipe off with a tissue. Its softens the skin as it cleanses. and a on the spot treatment that works is clearasel ultra (that stuff that spose to show results within 3 days) It works! can be a bit drying, but the cetaphil will keep your skin from drying out.