piercings

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by xdancingbarefootx, May 22, 2004.

1. xdancingbarefootx

xdancingbarefootx Member

well... just wonderin... how much does tongue/belly/lip/eyebrow cost?

and about how much do small tattoos cost?

and..... thats all

2. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

The prices here on the islands in a pro shop are b/w 30-40 dollars for any kind of piercing.

3. xdancingbarefootx

xdancingbarefootx Member

well.. i think... im gonna get my navel done... maybe my eyebrow ( im a little scared about that one) and my tongue-since i bite it all the time i wont havea problem with that

4. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

I think i'm gonna get my eyebrow done, probebly in a week, when i'm on the islands...

5. Bassplayerjojo

Bassplayerjojo Member

I got my belly button pierced about 2 years ago and it came to $55 including the curved barbell. And it didn't even hurt as much as getting my ears pierced!

6. Enonemouse

Enonemouse Happy Wanderer

Not everyone can have their tongue pierced. I tried and was told I had to big a blood vien in my tongue where it would be pierced and I would bleed to death most likely if I tried so the guy refuse to do it so I got the little sticky out bit on my ear done. Will get photo to show you.

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:iG_WtMh4lLgJ:www.protomatter.com/nate/piercing/ear.jpg

I think I have just posted a photo off the net that has it done. It is the middle one on the tiny bit of your ear. It is so cool not many have that pierced. I can't remember what it is called but it starts with a "T".

Love & Laughter
    EnonEmouse

7. xdancingbarefootx

xdancingbarefootx Member

eek i could never do that to my ears! aaaaaaaah..

i pierced my bellybutto na couple times but.... i dont get as much skin as i should.. so i always end up takin it out...

and last time i bent the fricken needle cuz my skin is so tough lol its so annoying and i get really impatient

so i said fuck it! let a pro do it.. and do it right lol

i wanna get my cartilage done again.... i took it out when i got it done cuz im a dumbass.. so when i get it done again im gonna not touch it... step away from the cartilage

and then umm... oh yeha my tongue... well... if i have a vein in there then i guess ill skip that one... and i wanna do my brow... but id ont wanna fuck up my face i ugly enough as it is i dont need a big hole in my eyebrow to draw more unwanted attention...

hmm what else.. oh yes lip.. i dont know about that one...

8. fizzy_elf

fizzy_elf Member

its called the tragus :D

i got my nose pierced yesterday woo hoo!!

9. Ellis

Ellis Member

I would love to get a tatoo!! Iwould like a small one just above my ankle. A peace sign, or a salamander or something like that. But just in plain black, those are the best! The problem is that I cant really stand alot of pain...
    [​IMG] Monthy Python.

10. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

I had gotten my tongue pierced @8 yrs ago. It didn't hurt nearly like I thought it would. I don't remember how much it cost, but it was 8 yrs ago, so I'm sure the prices are diff. now. I got a small tattoo then too, and it was only $30. Not too painful, either. Stings a bit, but definitely bareable.

11. Random_Zephyr

Random_Zephyr Lifer

I have my Tragus done too!:) woot! it didnt hurt me at all.

In my left ear i have three lobes, and an industrial bar, and in my right ear i have three lobe, one cartilage, and the tragus.

I want a rook, anti-tragus, and a snug next, but i think that might be overdoing it...:rolleyes:

I pierced the webbing under my tongue a little while ago myself, but my mom really hated it, so on mothers day i took it out and let it grow over for her. i want it back now. it was awesome.

12. nightmarehippygirl

nightmarehippygirl LEVI'S MOMMY

my navel cost about $40 (i thought this hurt some at the time, but it really hurt later, when i kept getting it caught on my clothes), my nose $35 (didn't hurt much at all, haven't had it long, but so far it's great).

my smaller tat was $80 (it's not that small, i guess), and my bigger tat was $180 (pretty big).

i agree with whoever said that black tats were the bast. my first one had lots of color, now 5 years later it's fading, and needs to be touched up.

my black tat continues to look bad ass, with no fading.

also, i am a wimp, but don't let anyone tell you that tats don't hurt at all. imo, they hurt alot. but if you want one bad enough, you'll suck it up and go through with it.

13. eyesofthewhirled

eyesofthewhirled Member

if you wanna be secure in yer piercing... go around town and really check out the portfolios of the piercers. talent and skills vary GREATLY! and some specialize more in cartiledge and some do really whacky stuff you'd never think of.. i like piercing more for emotional release.... i was lucky to find one of the best/kyndest/safest piercers in seattle... so on those shitty days when i needed a pick me up... allz i had to do was walk in and tell him to pierce what ever he wanted(i'd name the region of course LOL) and he talked me into some of the more unique and beautiful piercings i've ever seen. so don't be afraid to go beyond the norm... rev. ted talked me into double transverse lobes(where the piercing goes through yer lobe the long way... like sideways) and the last one he talked me into was a surface clevage piercing... i can't seem to find the online album i put the pics of em in.... anyhoo, don't be afraid to really sit down and talk to yer piercer before hand. if its a good shop... these folks are educated and will want you to be sure and confident in what ya choose.... like the folks who couldn't get the tongue pierced cuz of their vein... THEY had a good piercer :) okay, enough of my ramble
    oh wait.. therrrrre's my pics... :) don't tell my ol man i flashed the cleavage piercing pic ;)

14. xdancingbarefootx

xdancingbarefootx Member

well.. the cleavage looks painful... ow... i dont know about that one... but it looks cool.. i scareded tho..

but the long ways ear one is so awesome i wanna get that.. and i like how ya got 3 regulars.. its shaped likea triangle.. thats so cool...

lol i woulda never talked to the people.. i woulda just gone in and sat there shakin until it was over with...

thanks for all that info

15. Enonemouse

Enonemouse Happy Wanderer

Thanks do you think I could remeber that little word for the life of me. NO!!!!

Love & Many thanks
    EnonEmouse

16. fizzy_elf

fizzy_elf Member

no problemo!! :)

17. perthchika

perthchika Member

Hi there, i have my tragus pierced and it didnt really hurt too much. i am like THE biggest chicken when it comes to piercings so if i can get it done anyone can ;) haha. i have my bellybutton done too. of course it hurts a little bit when they are actually putting the needle through the tragus but so does any other piercing.. once its done its fine :) nothin ya cant handle. i must admit it throbbed a bit afterwards, not so much painful, its just like u kno its there, almost like i had a separate pulse in my ear haha, but like i said once the actually piercing process is done i had no problems with it. it takes a bit gettin used to sleepin on that ear, it will be tender to sleep on at first. mine took about three weeks before it seemed healed, but then again all my piercings have healed quite quick. i had it done with a friend, she got her tragus done too and id say it took hers about four or five weeks to heal :). so i reckon you should get it done if ur thinkin bout it ;) you get so many comments from people because as u said not very many have it done.. http://www.bmezine.com/pierce/01-ear/A30611/high/traguscollage.jpg i think its cute! there are so many pretty beads etc to wear in it :)

xoxo mandy

18. Moonjava

Moonjava Senior Member

Hey there! I got my eyebrow done about a year ago and the ending total was around 55 bux. That included the jewelry and some uniodized sea salt for cleaning, though. :) It didn't really hurt much, just felt like a poke. Peace n hugs!

19. DragonLady

DragonLady Member

Well, it was $50 for my naval piercing. What a waste of money! It migrated, which means, my body rejected it and pushed it out.

As for tattoos, I have 5 of them. They ranged anywhere from $55 - $75 depending on the size and detail.

20. sweetdreadlover

sweetdreadlover TattooedRainbowGurl

all depends where u live love..call your local shops and check sweetie:)