phobia

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Willy_Wonka_27, May 13, 2004.

1. mick_jagger_is_so_hi

mick_jagger_is_so_hi Member

Very mild agrophobia.

2. alex714

alex714 To the Left

agoraphobia is a fear of a lot of ppl right??? or is it a fear of open spaces??:confused:

3. mick_jagger_is_so_hi

mick_jagger_is_so_hi Member

Its a fear of being stuck in a place which the person belueves is 'unsafe' and being unable to escape. Usually the person has a 'safe' place which for most is their house and so they end up being stuck inside all the time. :( I'm lucky mine is just an offshoot of the panic attacks and anxiety I was having, and as that is treated soon the agrophobia should hopefully go. At this stage it's just a tiny fluttering heart and slight feeling of fear as I frist step out the front door. Once I've done that, I'm fine. :)

4. Sunnie

Sunnie Jes-Jes

Dinosaurs may be extinct at the moment, but you never know. They could be just bidding there time, waiting until we least expect it then BAM! They are back in action, and before you know it you've got a raptor chasing you home after school. Scary though isn't it??

Outerspace is so infinite, and we know nothing about it. Who knows what is lurking out there. If given the chance, I don't think I'd go into outerspace. It's a creepy thought.

5. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

your going to laugh but...

dry cotton... hearing the noise it makes, touching it...I have to put alot of lotion on my hands to beable to touch a towel, lol. I can't open the meds with cotton balls in them, uck...COTTONBALLS!!! they r the WORST!
    I shake and grind my teeth and get goosebumps and chills and I'll wipe at my arms like I had a bug crawling on me. I've also thrown up from the sound and touching it. I'm a wackjob...I know

I have some other irrational fears but I don't feel like talking about it now, lol

6. Mr MiGu

Mr MiGu King of the Zombies

agorophobic to some extent

im afraid that i will lose my sanity, and hurt myself/others

having never loved

7. Sunnie

Sunnie Jes-Jes

For how much not being loved/in love scares me...the thought of being in love scares me just as much.

8. Althea

Althea Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

flying (Aviophobia)
    confined spaces (Claustrophobia)
    sharks (Selachophobia)
    depths/deep water (Bathophobia)
    mild agoraphobia

9. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

thanx ive been wondering for years and never knew what it was called

10. Goatman88

Goatman88 Member

cmon guys post more phobias...im afraid of large dogs that i dont know. That and i hate cardboard. Just the was it looks and feels...creepy

11. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

staying at my dad's house.

12. Goatman88

Goatman88 Member

lol whats so bad about there/

13. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

when i was younger it use to be the toilet..i was always scared of sitting on the toilet, would always think a hand would reach up and pull me in....

14. juicy_redgirl

juicy_redgirl Daphney

I hate some forms of cotton too. I can deal with cotton balls...it's towels for me. I really hate touching towels. Same with unvarnished wood. I can't touch the stuff. I also get really shakey if I have to work with clay. [​IMG]

Also bells, chimes, and dangling things all give me an anxiety attack.

I will now go back to cowering in the corner. :p

15. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

I have a terrible fear of heights, but that's pretty much the only phobia I have. I'm too stupid to be scared of anything really. :p

16. Goatman88

Goatman88 Member

for me its cardboard...i hate the way it feels and sounds and looks...EEEEVVVIIILLLLLLLL!!!!

17. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

Zemmiphobia- Fear of the great mole rat.

i've never seen one, but it sounds awful.

i guess the closest i have to a true phobia is fear of being watched, like by a voyeur. i grew up in a neighborhood crawling with boys my own age. rampant with brainless hard-dicks. so, yeah, i've got issues with peeping toms.

oh, wait, lightning. if lightning strikes 30 miles away, i'm still not stepping foot outside my house. it sucks when i'm in the car, going home, and i have to get out, get my daughter out, and there's lightning. sometimes it'll take me 15 minutes to work up the balls to do it. sucks.

18. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

where not going to go their..

I also have a fear of heights

19. fulmah

fulmah Chaser of Muses

appropriately for today... opening bottles of champagne; I just can't do it... lol