Phish!!!

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by tpgi, May 26, 2004.

1. tpgi

tpgi Member

I can not believe that phish is breaking up. I dont know how many othr ppl on this forum like them (probably alot) but I am in a state of sadness and shock after hearing the news last night. This post really doesnt have a point other than to share my woes about the end of one of the greatest bands there is. I hope you guys all got tickets to at least one of their shows (I know I did) on this tour, because it is really something special to hear these guys play.

-TPGI

2. meangreen

meangreen Senior Member

Completely irrelevant to me,whats that got to do with marijuana

3. Ocean Byrd

Ocean Byrd Artificial Energy

I've never listened to Phish; prescribe me some tunes and I'll get back to you on how I feel about this.

4. meangreen

meangreen Senior Member

Your not missing much fort collins,is not larimer county fucked?

5. Ocean Byrd

Ocean Byrd Artificial Energy

Do you live in FC too? If so, where? What school do you go to?

6. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

phish is good, but they hit there creative peak in 94 and thier performing peak in 97. they stiil show flashes, but its few and far between. unfortunately trey succombed to ego, heroin, and dave mathews, in that order, so what can you do. fortunately there will always be music, and people playing it.

7. marquee

marquee Member

phish have certainly earned the title of one of the greatest bands. listen to trey play that guitar, it would be hard to name many people better than him. mike is great on bass, they are an incredible jam band. It sucks that theyre breaking up but at least well get more solo stuff like vida blue or ropeadope. vida blue is a great band, with oteil burbridge on bass how can you go wrong?

8. Orsino

Orsino Member

Holy shit... lol.. I can't believe it.

9. twoseeeyes

twoseeeyes Member

It was bound to happen. Didn't they just get back together from their "hiatus"

10. meangreen

meangreen Senior Member

Ocean Byrd,in the area and way beyond high school/college.Graduated 85.As for where will remain undis-closed!

11. tiedye0420

tiedye0420 Member

Yeah but the dead is back together and touring this summer. Why cry over fish have you heard the recording from the warfield in feb this year. The dead smokes any jam band ever. They invented jam. At an acid test ,Where were you!

L.O.L.

phish is cool for carrying the torch- Most of the recordings i have heard or have don't do it for me. Except for "a picture of nectar" That one is kinda good actually.

12. MelvnDoo

MelvnDoo Member

any comparisons made between phish and the dead really arnt helping any. phish is phish. the dead is the dead.

for some reason, i´m not too bummed about it. i LOVE phish and have gone to great lengths to make it to some shows, but nothing lasts. and there´s really not much we can do about it besides enjoy this tour and any memories we may have of them (that´s why this topic is in the weed forum, haha)

13. meangreen

meangreen Senior Member

Or just not give a shit,they sucked in my opinion!

14. dreamweaver

dreamweaver Member

I was pretty bummed when I heard the news, but I do think its better for bands to break up before they lost their magic completely, and I think that was the direction Phish was heading in. lol to whomever said Trey lost it to ego, heroin, and dave matthews--funniest thing i've heard all day.

15. tiedye0420

tiedye0420 Member

Besides- since when does a band break up , yet keep the tour dates set?

It is all a bullshit marketing hype if you ask me- i bet they dont really break up- after the tour they will say we are getting back together.
    they were worried about not selling tickets with the dead on tour- IM MY HONEST OPINION.

16. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

it wasnt really a breakup, their leaving on good terms. the 'breakup' wasnt caused by a fight or disagreement or anything like that

17. tiedye0420

tiedye0420 Member

still think it's a marketing hype, but that is only an opinion, im entitled to one you know.

18. gEo_tehaD_returns

gEo_tehaD_returns Senior Member

ronnie reagan died, phish broke up. . . something else good happened. It was a good week.

Ok sorry, that wasn't cool. I think phish was quite overrated though.

19. maryjaneguitargurl

maryjaneguitargurl I am just like you.

I saw them on austin city limits (t.v.) THey were a great sounding band. I was actually thinking about buying an album. That sucks that they are breaking up> Why are they actually just to take a break?

peace
    chickens

20. MelvnDoo

MelvnDoo Member

to me, that show has some of the best versions of certain songs that i have ever heard. same goes for the video. the reason i love phish so much started with a tape of this show.