phish broke up

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by joe, Jun 1, 2004.

1. joe

joe Banned

if you look around, there is already 20 MILLION DAMN threads about this "Tragedy"

2. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

The Grateful Dead, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles and other well known artist can't match up to the amazing sound of Phish! I love all types of music and I try to listen to a variety more than one single type. Out of everything, Phish is by far the best. I'm not sure if it's their amazing musicians (such as Trey Anastasio) or their twenty minute long live songs. I know it's a tradegy, but good things also come with the bad. This is the way of life.

I think we should bow our heads, for Phish, and have a moment of silence.

Please bless our druggie music.
    It has made things good. :)

-Peace (and Love :))

3. Orsino

Orsino Member

Hmm... I found it on the internet some time ago, but has anyone heard that song Eggshells with the Grateful Dead, Phish, Neil Young, and Bob Dylan? It sounds like they're all doped up, but it sounds amazing at the same time.

4. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

i doubt its them... a lot of people give their garage bands popular names so their stuff gets downloaded.

5. Orsino

Orsino Member

Dude.. I swear... you can hear bob dylan and all of them.. and I can't mistake neil young's voice. Even the guitars....

6. Orsino

Orsino Member

Gazing out my window I can see the snow below,
    and it flows into my soul from the eggshell of my mind.
    I found a way I could navigate my boat through these troubled waters,
    to the shores of Shangri-La.

Eggshells, Eggshells, help me separate my yolks from my whites.

Standing in the phone booth just waiting for the call,
    but I don't know who it is or where they are.
    Biding my time, in the heart of the purple city,
    these bright lights shining in my eyes.

So there I was, all alone. Nowhere left to go but down. Only thing on my face was a frown.

7. Peace

Tortheviking I know what you are thinking. Has Peace been smoking to much PCP?! The answer is no. I love Led Zeppelin and I used to be obsessed. I also love Phish. Jimmy is amazing. yes, Jimmy is better than Trey, but I think Phish is better because they incorperate the piano more. Maybe I am smoking crack and I have no idea what I'm talking about, but hopefully I'm not. Actually even if Phish is better, the Grateful Dead will always be my favorite :cool:.

Much Love
    -Peace

8. Orsino

Orsino Member

If only I could cross stevie ray vaughan and eric clapton... maybe jimi hendrix. You'd have the perfect guitarist.

Stevie Ray Vaughan - sounds so... tinny...yet gainy and overdriven a bit too 50s style, but I worship him.

Eric Clapton - YOU SUCK CLAPTON!!! Excellent clear solos, but the brownie and blackie era coupled with his fender deluxe sounds like utter crap.

Jimi Hendrix - He was good, but a bit over distorte on most songs and a bit too heavy at times. But his amps were the crappiest ever. 1967 Marshall 100W Plexis and vintage basket weave cabinets. Ick. They just sound so weak and thin to my ears. Then you figure in his vox wah, flanger, speaker pan, fuzz, backwards delay, tremolo, Big Muff-ish fuzz.... the man knew his effects, he just used a too weak amp and too many effects.

Myself - If I could give up anything I had. It would be because I sound too much like Chuck Berry on electric. I mean... everything. Ugh.... Probably because of my Gibson. I need a new strat.

9. thepixies

thepixies Member

haha this is one of the times that i agree with you

10. Spinner

Spinner Member

Yes damnit they broke up.
    Get over it!

11. SunshineRevolution

SunshineRevolution Member

i almost shed a tear when i heard this, almost, but i didnt...at least they are goin out on top, no bad vibes within the band. but better than zeppelin? tyler, i think u ARE SMOKING TO MUCH PCP U CRACK HEAD. i am OBSESSESED with zeppelin, cmon now, lay off the crack pipes peace-boy :)

PEACE and LOVE

12. Peace

Sorry but all that wet is messing with my mind. I apologize to all.

13. JimmyPage

JimmyPage Member

No way man. SRV is nothing compared to Hendrix, neither is Clapton. Clapton's solos are so bad, I don't know how he ever got popular. They are so slow and definately not complex. He seems to try to sound like Gilmour, but it just doesn't work.

Eh, Fenders are nothing compared to Gibsons. Oh, and nothing wrong with sounding like Chuck Berry!

14. gwatts20

gwatts20 Guest

Wow, I can't believe someone else has this song. Like Orsino, I snagged it some time ago trolling the mp3 backwaters, and it is definitely mis-named. It sounds like a 4-track demo recorded in someone's basement. Super lo-fi. I fell in love with it. Sorry Orsino, but it is definitely NOT Bob Dylan, Neil Young or the Grateful Dead - trust me. But thank you nonetheless for posting about the song, you are the first person to ever mention it anywhere on the net (I google the lyrics occasionally hoping against hope that I will get a lead on who recorded the song). So, I know this is a bit off topic, but I am hoping someone out there can tell Orsino and I who recorded the song. Anyone? Please, pretty please?

The Dude

15. TouchOfGraySuitsU

TouchOfGraySuitsU Member

OMG I have herd it too!!! I downloaded it off bearshare and I have tried google and some lyrics sight serach...let nothing but i found this and i really wanna find who sings it cuz its a good song...but yeah I'lll post more if I ever find anything....peace

16. loveflower

loveflower Senior Member

oh george.. your old sig :rolleyes: :D

17. Becknudefck

Becknudefck Senior Member

i never heard anything about that........but it really didnt matter to me i dont like phish.

18. TouchOfGraySuitsU

TouchOfGraySuitsU Member

How can you not like Phish? Man, they are great.

19. Gas-Mask8

Gas-Mask8 Member

Phish To Me Sucked , they have a couple of good songs

20. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I effing love phish...