Philly People

Discussion in 'Pennsylvania' started by dylanzeppelin, May 20, 2004.

1. KevinH

KevinH Just Floating Here

I live in Philadelphia on a sailboat that I'm slowly fixing up. Hoping to sail away next year.

2. slchanmo1885

slchanmo1885 Member

Hi all, I'm living in Roxborough right now but I'm always hanging out in Bucks County (near Doylestown) where I grew up, or Lansdale or Glenside where a lot of my friends are. Shoot me an email if you're nearby any of those areas. I'd love to meet new people!

3. cfs

cfs Member

hey i'm in roxborough too! anyone around philly, manayunk, conshohocken, plymouth meeting, kop, west chester, or the main line email me.

4. MongolianHipPouch

MongolianHipPouch Member

I'm lil too old kinda, I feel old sorta, kinda sorta old, anyways happy earth day, oh, I may have some space in cc Philly where I'm living and I moving out to mom before I hit the road for the summer and the space Is hugh, maybe a pot luck or a small gathering of 60 or smaller. it would be a shame if I did'nt have a party here. I'm an artist and been busy making stuff, however enjoy the nice cool weather!

5. duckandmiss

duckandmiss Pastafarian

Ok here is the deal. I would like to invite everyone who is here to my show at the Trocadero on May 7th. It's upstairs at the balcony bar and it would be a good place to finally meet up with some philly hippies more in the know than I. I mean, I go to the drum circles and such but my heads always buried in a drum. Let me know I can always give more details.. I live in South Jersey right across from the Walt Whitman on 42 so... any questions pm me! and look us up and feel free to listen to us!

6. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

What kind of music do you play duck?

7. duckandmiss

duckandmiss Pastafarian

Its a bit indie-ish, theres a piano a bass a guitar and drums. I think its like JeffBuckley,Bright eyes, marsvolta , and led zeppelin smooshed together?

8. duckandmiss

duckandmiss Pastafarian

You can look us up, we have clips on our web media!

9. Jokerswild1130

Jokerswild1130 Member

Glenside here.

10. Troy8

Troy8 Member

WHats up peoples I grew up in Montco in my early teens me and my friends learned how to take the train to the city to cop shit.... Now I live in Delco (better cause the cops let more shit slide around here) but I still know where to get shit.
    I need to make new friends cause my friends are always broke and cant afford to go anywhere so anyone want to chill PM me

11. TheFreeOne

TheFreeOne Member

do all the cool people live in philly man...

i wanna live there = /

12. Eagles06

Eagles06 Member

Delco... Anyone Else?

13. bthizle1

bthizle1 Member

I just moved to Philly, I've met lots of chill people, but only have two friends here. I have yet to meet any other really free minded, laid back people...Philly is well, a complete concrete jungle compared to where I come from (Eugene, Oregon). Where's all the "chill" people in philly? I've been to South Philly, West, etc...I live on the delaware on a sailboat right now...any advice in terms of where the "chillers" congregate is appreciated.

14. dazedandc0nfused

dazedandc0nfused Member

philly is the last place to look for chill people lol. i hate this city, it's such a shithole. and west philly is the LAST place to ever look ha. most of the people are greedy rude Assholes. i love going to other parts of PA, but philly sucks. i can't wait to leave :cool:

15. wonka816

wonka816 Oh Davey

you just gotta look in the right places. check places like rittenhouse square and youll probably find a drum circle or hacky sack circle of some sort and they are all generally nice people. walk up with a frisbee in hand and youre gonna have a good time im sure haha...the first time i did acid i went there with 2 of my friends to play frisbee and it ended up being a huge like 14 person game and it was so much fun...until we hit some homeless man that started yelling and eventually started a fight with another homeless man. we got the frisbee back and left haha. but really thats probably the best place to find chill/relaxed people. most of the city is full of jerks but honestly i think its a beautiful city when you learn to look past all the jerks.

16. wildchild11

wildchild11 Member

I'm from PA. I like parts of Philly, but I'd never want to live there.
    I just go for the day or to gigs or something... :)

17. BalefireCoven32

BalefireCoven32 Guest

I'm from Philly! Well just east of it anyway

18. KL71

KL71 Yanks since '81/Fins since '83 :)

Wouldn't that mean...New Jersey? ;)

19. RDNZL

RDNZL Member

Chill heads around Clark Park West Philly

20. wonka816

wonka816 Oh Davey

i think im moving up around there sometime in june. i have a few friends that go to USP that im looking for a house with