philly & nyc annual rainbow picnics

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by soaringeagle, May 14, 2007.

1. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

howdy folks
    next week, the srd saturday in may is the philly annual rainbow family picnic on lemmon hill across from boat house row off kelly drive info on the lightline 215 701 7233
    noon:30 on
    the following sunday is usualy the nyc picnic in central park
    maybe some nyc folks could post more accurate info

hope to see some of u at the philly picnic

2. Bumble

Bumble Senior Member

if my work schedule is changed by then, then you'll see miss bumbles there! I'll make a fabulous vegetarian dish.

3. Krsna Bhakti

Krsna Bhakti d-_-b JAMMING

I hope I can make it this time :)
    Sad that I couldnt before, I just may be able to this time though! :)

4. wildcaitflower

wildcaitflower Member

for nyc folks, its in central park west 103rd st. i recommend checking out the nyclightline online (google?)

5. Bumble

Bumble Senior Member

hope you all had fun. i had to move out today. grrrr. I move around this city way too much!

6. Krsna Bhakti

Oh.My.God. I missed it again?!?!?! I thought it was NEXT weekend!! :(

7. soaringeagle

it was good we had a guy show up who was at the 3rd gathering ever, in 75 & hasnt been to 1 since didnt even know we still exoisted & this giuy was so happy & hyper about finding us all again after so many years it was cool

8. Krsna Bhakti

Wow man how cool is that?! I can only imagine the look on his face when he discovered you guys haha :)

9. Bumble

Bumble Senior Member

damn, i'm upset i missed that! I can imagine the energy from that brother. I'll be at the drum circle on tuesday though.

10. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

ive always wondered, where is the drum circle usually held?

11. Blue Ocean Sailor

Blue Ocean Sailor Member

Hi everybody, I'm new to the forums, and I've just moved back to Philadelphia. I hope I get the chance to meet alot of you at the drum circles and potlucks this summer. I will also be heading to the Gathering in July (It will be my first one), so maybe I can see alot of you there. In closing, let me just say that it is inspiring to see that there are so many kind people in my hometown.

12. soaringeagle

1 of 3 places usualy..hidden in the woods
    call the lightline 215 701 7233
    leave a message
    cant post it here weve had probs in the past with 500 drunken idiots showing up selling every piosion u can imagine & standing kneeb deep in theyre own trash.. we disapeared into the woods & its been beautiful ever since & we want it to stay that way
    so we're careful how we let ppl know about it

13. Bumble

Bumble Senior Member

I remember you telling me about this. This happened right before I started to come out to the circles.

14. TeknoShaman

TeknoShaman Member

I'm going to make a call and leave a message! Hopefully you won't think I am some drunken idiot; because I really don't drink all that often anyways.

Any word on getting a sattelite program set up here in the Harrisburg area?

15. pianoperson60

pianoperson60 Senior Member

whats going on with rainbow gatherings in the philly/nyc area in july and august? im living in Berlin Germany right now, but ill be back in 6 weeks and id love to come meet up with ya guys!

16. ashely

ashely Member

17. WanderingturnupII

WanderingturnupII Grouchy Old Fart

Nothing in the sticky will help answer this question, so please don't waste your time reading it. And I don't think the NYC LightLine # is in there, either. Or if it is, it's probably wrong. Damn hippies! Gotta love 'em!

18. soaringeagle

philly potlucks on saturday at rainbow noon
    also unrelated but still fun sunday at noon on 16th & south is the odunde fest its the african new year & its a big street fest free 5 stages cheapest drums you'll ever find & loads of fun
    see yas at both

19. Krsna Bhakti

Eagle, you guys need a ride on Saturday? Im 99% sure that I can go, this time if I say I will go, I mean it man. I will hold the promise. I feel so bad that all the other times I had to cancel, though they were not my fault, when you have responsibilities (such as my son, and I couldnt take him because he was sick once, and it was to cold other times) you have to put your own enjoyment aside.
    But this weekend, I can basically gaurentee I will be able to provide a ride :D

20. soaringeagle

coool that would be a help
    spauk who usualy brings tables tarps & rainbow flags wont be able to make it
    so if u have any kida rainbow colored anything we could hang from the tree to make us easier to find that would be good & maybe a big blanket or something since we wont have tables (if it looks like rain i do have a tarp somewhere too
    i'll call ya lil later i got 1000 other calls to make 1st