Phil the Greek

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Vladimir Illich, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

..... Has kicked the bucket !!!

2. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

~Zen~ likes this.
  3. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Candy Gal likes this.
  4. Vladimir Illich

With a little bit of luck, now he's gone, Mrs Windsor will retire and we can then start the ball rolling to turn this country into a 'proper' democracy !!!

Sandra Miller likes this.
  5. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

Certainly had a long life

soulcompromise likes this.
  6. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

Poor old Liz.

7. Vladimir Illich

Really 'pissed off' with all the platitudes and lies that the media coming out with - that Phil was a strong environmentalist and cared for the flora and fauna around him. Ha !!! - is that before or after he stood on the moors and blasted away at anything and everything that moved ???

8. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

How unsympathetic you are!.
    At a time when anyone suffers a loss, to make a personal point about an issue that you believe in, is akin to kicking someone who is down, and shows your lack of any kind of sympathy, or moreover empathy.
    Clearly you have not experienced the feelings, or you have/had no one who you care/cared of to feel the emotion of loss.
    It's one thing to take a Political stance against a Monarchy (who do not wield the Power of Law) and another to make light of a tragic personal loss of another, in whoms Country you are quite happy to reside in.
    At a time when people are dying of the Covid variants, balanced against your rightful choice of opinion, one should also have a degree of tact, for it it that which shows the calibre of character - and educational mindfulness that one has.
    Philip; like all of us was flawed, and showed many instances of tactlessness, but he was his own man.
    Your reference about 'Mrs Windsor' - (to whom you keep referring to as ... is almost an obsession with you) and whilst may be an valid observational point, your timing lacks any kind of respect. IMO

cayo likes this.
  9. Vladimir Illich

Unlike you, I am NOT a monachist, but a REPUBLICAN !!!

10. WOLF ANGEL

You go on (andonandonandon) about being a Republican
    - yet continue to live in a Country that is not a Republic - why?
    You say you have been an Activist, and attended Marches, Protests and have been at many major events of civil unrest (well only got your word for that) - for many years and professing a message and belief that is not wildly agreed with
    - and continue to live in a Country that is not a Republic - why?
    Any Activism needs a Goal, and as as any good actist knows, it has to be achievable for it to be sustainable - there being different routes to take to make progress. It has to be considered, measured and constructive.
    Whatever strategy you have employed is clearly flawed
    - and you chose to continue to live in a Country that is not a Republic - why?

However,

That was NOT the point I was making.
    Timing is everything - and taking the opportunity to state a political point (AGAIN) at this time, less than 24 hours from a bereavement, to take a pot at the Head of state shows a lack of respect, AND probably why your opinions are treated with the hollowness they are, and shows the degree of educational (and political strategic) awareness you do not have

- Continuing to live in a Country that is not, and does not wish to become a Republic - despite all the years you say you have challenged and with agitatation to make argument over does not make sense.
    If you do not like the manner of/in which things are governed, I do not understand why you continue to live in a Country that is not a Republic and not, live in a Republic?
    Something is keeping you here - I guess it must be, the State.

11. Vladimir Illich

Yeah, yeah, yeah, the hoary old chestnut yet again - why don't I go and live elsewhere ???

It obviously bothers you that I live here and continue to question the policies of the current scumbag 'nasty party' government. I do so because I want a BETTER system of government, one that IS achievable with a little persuasion and education.

12. WOLF ANGEL

. Well given you continued dislike of the Governance of the Nation being so - I feel it was/is a valid question
    2 It doesn't bother me that you live here, I can understand it - the UK is envied throughout the World for a reason
    3. I have never questioned your right, nor the policies the current Party in government, I think in that, you are way out of line
    4. Whilst there is nothing wrong with wanting Change - given the lack of progress you have made in the years you have been trying, there seems the methodology and manner that you employ is not the correct one - as its practice has not seen achievement
    5. Ask any good educator and they will tell you that there are a number of ways to pass on knowledge and experience so that others embrace the theology of such

13. nldn

nldn Senior Member

May he rest in peace and thoughts for Her Majesty the Queen who has been widowed.

~Zen~ likes this.
  14. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

RIP Phillip. To the family I offer condolences upon the loss of your husband, father, grand-father and great grand-father.

Candy Gal likes this.
  15. DrRainbow

DrRainbow Ambassador of Love