PFLAG --- Support and Counseling for Gay Community

Discussion in 'Coming Out and Confused!' started by JonJRR88, Dec 31, 2021.

1. JonJRR88

JonJRR88 Members

PFLAG is the United States' first and largest organization uniting parents, families, and allies with people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ+). PFLAG National is the national organization, which provides support to the PFLAG network of local chapters.[1] PFLAG has over 400 chapters across the United States, with more than 200,000 members and supporters.

PFLAG

Piobaire likes this.
  2. arizonacook

arizonacook Banned

just spent a few moments looking on the site..... there is a section for Allies of LBGTQ

3. JonJRR88

JonJRR88 Members

this has been the major support group for the LBGTQ community for decades. My cousin helped found the gay rights movement (and the women's rights movement) here in NJ, in the mid-60's. I am, as they say, "straight but not narrow."

Back in 1993 or so, I set up a gay rights talk at a Barnes & Noble in the area, through my Amnesty International group. The speaker was the first openly gay teacher in NJ. His partner was the man who founded the gay rights movement within Amnesty International. We became friends and later we all marched in Stonewall '94 in NYC.

I have heard too many stories of young LBGTQ folks lost in misery and depression.

I hope all folks who have had these issues can reach out for some support and come to know that they are respected and loved.

Piobaire and Suburbanray like this.
  4. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter